Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
OK....I've got a 2014 RT Shaker with the 730 system. My son downloaded an album (Black Sabbath - Sabbatoge....by the way) to his IPHONE 5...Now, tell me..in laymen's terms...HTF do I get this loaded on my hard drive....thanks in advance...
The download features can be found in your Uconnect manual. If you have questions, then you can contact Uconnect directly at 877 855-8400.

·
Registered
2011 SRT I.E
8 Posts
Well you need the .mp3s anyway to listen to the music.

When I loaded the .mp3 files I actually forgot to load the jpeg and it still worked. Go figure. It's pretty cool. I can search by artist, album, genre, etc. pretty cool.

Glad this helped. :)

Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Well, I wish it was smart enough to decode and play WAV files, too. That's what I get when converting my LPs to digital.

·
Registered
1 Posts
USB Stuck in Center Console

OK, so I just got my 2015 Dodge Challenger two weeks ago. I downloaded my music to a 8G USB stick and the car recognizes it and plays my music. But I cannot remove the USB drive from the center console. It seems as if it is is locked. Now I am a technical geek, but I don't want to force it. What am I missing? I wiggled it. I tried to remove it with the car on, off, media on, off, etc. Appreciate any info before I go back to the dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
File structure/hierarchy?

Does anybody know the best file name/folder hierarchy to use with the basic radio from the 2014 with u connect?

Play seems to be random (i haven't tried switching that yet). Further putting songs in a folder like below hasn't worked well. Radio doesn't read the track titles.

Folder = Black Sabbath
File = 01 War Pigs.mp3

Should I even be using folders or just dump them all on the drive without folders?

Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
Is this method of using USB work on a 2010 model, as my car will only accept jpg files and not mp3files. I can import mp3 files but cannot play directly from stick. Noticed my wife's car has same radio although 2003 200 convertible will accept both or play from USB. Sounds like a change was made here. Anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I called Dodge got the requirements. In case anyone needs it, here they are:

1. Any USB stick under 32 GB will work.
2. Files must be in .mp3 format.
3. There must be at least one .jpg file on the stick. The tech couldn't explain why.
4. The USB stick must be in FAT32 file format. All USB sticks come this way by default.

Hope this helps whoever might need it.

Thanks,
Danny
I had trouble with the USB music uconnect controls, shuffling, playing the next track and fast forward,
I had individual MP3 music tracks on the USB.
I discovered if you make up a folder on your PC and put the tracks into that folder, then copy the folder to the USB stick, all uconnect functions work.
I formatted the USB before loading the folder.

Hope this helps

21 - 26 of 26 Posts