Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to update my software using the directions on the uconnect website. I have plugged in two different USBs to the head unit and it gives me the error "USB is using an older SW and head unit is using a newer SW." What does this mean. I am not trying to play music as we have bluetooth. I am not trying to do anything but software update. Please help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try using a formatted usb. (With nothing but the SW on it)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
The only thing on the usb is the update for the car. Nothing else and it is still not working I think it has something to do with the compatibility of the usb and the car. All the videos I watched I literally have the same USBs they do so IDK.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,627 Posts
It means that your car is newer version of software than what you are trying to upgrade to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It means that your car is newer version of software than what you are trying to upgrade to.
Thank you so much. I though it was a problem with my usb Apparently my car did the update but the message for the update kept pooping up So I thought it didn't work. Well I figured out how to reset my radio and it finally went away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can I ask
Thank you so much. I though it was a problem with my usb Apparently my car did the update but the message for the update kept pooping up So I thought it didn't work. Well I figured out how to reset my radio and it finally went away.
can i ask how you got if fixed? I’m having the same exact problems

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,033 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Mayracarr ;) You are trying to update Uconnect with an update on USB? If so, and you are getting a message that the SW on the USB is older, then your head unit already has a higher version. You can check the SW version in the Uconnect menu. Please give us more info, including model year and trim

A Guy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts