Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this (below), originally in response to seeing photos of DGatzby's wheels & tires. but I thought maybe it should have its own discussion, and see how far it goes?:

I'm told I spend way too much time deciding which tire to buy, but these things are expensive, and I don't like wasting money.

I put 4S on the Challenger (a car I inherited from my dad), & put Pilot SS on a Z4 E89 I own. I don't take the Challenger to the track, but on a couple of occasions have taken the Z4 to Donington Park Circuit in Leicestershire. For me at least, I didn't see much point in having the CUP tires, as for the most part, I wouldn't be getting them hot enough. My choice of tyres (let's try the British spelling this time) was mostly based on videos like the ones below, and other videos from this channel comparing back-to-back with other manufacturers:

Wet & Dry Handling. Sport 4 vs 4S vs Cup2 (admittedly in a Focus ST, but it gives a good overview)

Can you use track semi slicks tyres on a normal car? Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 vs Pilot Sport 4 S

·
Registered
181 Posts
I run the Pilot Sport 4S on mine for Pyrenees road trips, daily driving, 1/4 mile and track days.

At present, I think they are the single best "does everything" tyre on the market - I'd love to find something better to prove me wrong, but I'd be amazed.

In my SRT392 at Santa Pod, full weight, with 25psi in the rears I ran 1.69 60' time - so they hook incredibly well for a road tyre.

I ran them at Bedford autodrome on a soaking wet trackday, and then at Anglesey in a damp and then dry track and had no issues.

(They do also leave really lovely thick, dark 11s)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts