Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
I hand wash exclusively, taking special care around the region of the hood/fender stripes.

Apart from that, I just avoid anyone else touching the car... She's a 2012 and it's worked for me so far.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I just use wax, or polish, or sealer over mine. Mine are gloss white, so if you have matte stripes, you would need to do it differently.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the matte Shaker stripes on mine. I use Meguiar’s Gold Class for maintenance washes for the whole car and have tested multiple products on the stripes for protection.

303 protectant, works fine but only lasts maybe a month.

Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid Wax, works great, it’s a synthetic sealer and adds a slight sheen.

Car Guys Plastic Restorer, awesome product for anything rubber, vinyl, or plastic. Has hydrophobic properties, UV protection, restores your faded trim beautifully and does not add any sheen or shine. Only downside it’s about $16 for 8 oz. however a little goes a long way. Applies similar to a wax, buff on buff off, mine has lasted for 5 months so far.

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
My previous '10 R/TC and my present '16 SP both have the matte side stripes, and the SP has the matte "Modern RT Hood" graphic.

I have never hand washed either car, and only go to the local DIY high pressure wand car wash.

Never a single issue wirh either car's striping. I use the high psi wash/rinse, and then the spotless rinse.

After every wash I've been using a quailty detail spray. For several years now my favorite is the 303 quick detail spray.

The 303 has UV protection, and my SP is almost 4 years old now.

All striping looks like new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts