Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice this? Looking up 2018+ (really 2016+) 392 Challengers/Chargers, I am seeing the majority of the low mile (under say 25,000 miles) cars listed at dang near MSRP minus Power Dollars.
As in, look up a 2018 Scat Pack, with say 15,000 miles listed at $39,995 or something crazy, then look up the sticker and it was only like $46,000 new, (yeah I know power dollars weren't out then, but a new 2019 would have been $41,000 before negotiations!)
I must have stolen my Challenger, I paid 2/3 sticker 1 year old with 16K miles. I might be able to sell it at a profit a year later they way all these listing look.

Reactions: Thedude17

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
304 Posts
I have wondered myself what I could get on a trade in on something a little newer but feel like the higher trade in will be offset by used car prices.

Although on a new car the numbers might work out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just did a lookup on trade in value of my car, and it ranges from a couple thousand under what I paid to a couple thousand over what I paid. That is after 14 months and 9K miles.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
304 Posts
Trade in range even low end is over what I paid for mine.

Def did not expect that. Now I need to find a low mileage hellcat for like 40k.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'd say that is good money for a 2015!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
304 Posts
Anyone want a well maintained in near show room condition 2015 SRT 392 for 38k?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Low end is more than what I paid for the car after taxes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The dealer gave me $35,350 for my 2017 392 Shaker 2 weeks ago. They have it listed for $42,950. $5000 more than it was new.

Reactions: Byron

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT, Billet Silver, Black Rally Stripes, A8
561 Posts
It is indeed madness, but it won't last too long, IMO. It IS making me think of letting go of my 2016 SRT with only 20K on the clock for the right price and jump into something new.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
304 Posts
@Klink I am about in the same boat 2015 with just shy of 24k miles.

I think though I would need a deal on a hellcat to let mine go though.

And those prices are up as well of course

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
505 Posts
...I might be able to sell it at a profit a year later they way all these listing look.
Could it be a bigger economic question? So much 'free money' has been pumped in to the Covid economy the past few months, is it possible the dollar simply buys less? And right now we are in the middle of an odd transition where new Challengers are still at pre-Covid prices (based on the 2020 MSRP), while used Challengers can float their price based on the market.

Anyone know the 2021 prices? I read something about orders were opening up, but I don't see anything on Dodge.com for revised MSRPs. Maybe there will be a 5-10% price pop for the next year too, and then the new vs used pricing will make more sense.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT, Billet Silver, Black Rally Stripes, A8
561 Posts
@Klink I am about in the same boat 2015 with just shy of 24k miles.

I think though I would need a deal on a hellcat to let mine go though.

And those prices are up as well of course

Exactly. I LOVE my SRT, and it is absolutely MINT, but I would entertain offers in order to get a HC.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
My results out here in Oregon are not the same. Of course I looked up the KBB trade in price for my nice 2016 Scat Pack. $32k to $34 K. Heck the Dodge website said $36k! What did I get offered? Anywhere from $28 k to $29791. When I shop around online for used 2016's out here, the prices are all over the map.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My Scat stickered at $55K. So other than going Wide, nothing really new for me other than the couple yearly updates.
But maybe if I found a 2019 certified HC, that was priced below MSRP-powerdollars-10%... Hmmm.
The thing is, when I look around, I can get a brand new Dodge for basically the same price as new, but what I want would be well over $50K so that ain't hapnin'

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide body A8 in Go Mango
137 Posts
Yes, the prices are crazy in my area also. I was looking to trade up to something newer, but with the used prices the way they are and the Dodge incentives, it made more sense to just order a new one optioned the way I wanted it.

Reactions: Klink

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
Wow, my cars trade in value is actually what I paid for it 2 years ago(on the high end). And that's AFTER I put 40,000 miles on it. Bought it at 30k miles in 2018 for $17k, it's now 70k miles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure if this helps, but I just purchased a 2017 Challenger GT from CarMax. The car had to be transported to me from another store and due to the virus and PA rules it was a two week wait. That I think helped me get a lower price.
There is currently a 2017 GT on their site now with a price of $27,998. My car was $25,998. Now this isn’t a perfect match, here are the key differences:
My car: 39,150 miles,
Listed car: 46,000 miles

My car: Driver conv. Package (HIDs, BLS, remote start) no sunroof, compact spare tire and body side stripe
Listed car: Sunroof, doesn’t have Driver Conv package, or spare or stripe

My Car: Black
Listed Car: White.
Everything else as far as can tell is the same.

My car has more extra features, but was a lower price. Did I get a deal? Who knows? We’ll take a look in 6 months. All I want to show is how much and how fast prices have gone up. They can’t stay here, the market has to correct at some point, we all know that. But If you are thinking of selling, now is the time.

if you do want an idea, use Carvana’s site to see how much they will pay you. It’s quick and easy.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,035 Posts
Well, it definitely seems the used Challenger market is very positive. The resale value of almost any trim is really quite impressive. I have watched and researched the used Challenger market and the prices have gone up, more than last year.

Reactions: Klink
1 - 20 of 25 Posts