Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a complete used ProCharger kit from a 2016 Charger SRT.

What would be different from a kit for my 2016 Scat Pack Challenger?

To make the tuned ECU from the kit work, can I suck the tune out with HP Tuners and then send it to them to be flashed to my VIN and re-load the tune?

The previous owner kept his stock ECU and the tuned ECU that was in the Charger will come with the kit.

Has anyone had problems with a 6.4 crankshaft failing from driving a supercharger?

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,001 Posts
Crankshafts are not an issue. How much PSI are you looking at?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,865 Posts
Like Matthews said, crank is not an issue and can handle the extra power. BUT the pistons can and are known to fail if boost is above 6-7 psi (used to be 6 but I have seen kits with 7psi) which is why the tune must be solid (i.e. not lean and does not produce not). Are you getting an upgraded fuel pump with the kit?

As for changing the vin...not sure if HP tuner has that capability.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
6psi. Also looking at Mahle pistons.

The previous owner has run this kit at 8psi, 670whp for 40,000 miles on an otherwise stock car. And he is not easy on it in any way. The trans is slipping and the diff is growling, but the engine seems to have held up fine.

·
Registered
375 Posts
6psi. Also looking at Mahle pistons.

The previous owner has run this kit at 8psi, 670whp for 40,000 miles on an otherwise stock car. And he is not easy on it in any way. The trans is slipping and the diff is growling, but the engine seems to have held up fine.
Impossible to make 670whp with just 8psi on an otherwise stock car, but as long as you aren't buying the blower based on that claim no harm done.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Impossible is an awfully strong word.

·
Registered
110 Posts
So the Procharger has 40K miles on it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts