Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've decided I want an SRT8, the newer the better. I'm seeing prices all over the map, with listings for low miles 2010's only within $2-3000 of cars 2 years newer. Is there a general consensus of typical price according to year? I'm looking for a car with less than 5000 miles. If I plan to keep this car for a long time, is buying according to mileage more important than year? I'm a bit confused.:eyemouth:

·
Premium Member
10,437 Posts
You're leaving out the max you are willing to spend.
Some SRT's cost thousands more than others due to option included. There can be a $5000 spread.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to stay below $40k. Don't care about high end sound or sunroof. I would like nav, and want the 392. No dark blue or PC. :)

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,044 Posts
Hi all, I've decided I want an SRT8, the newer the better. I'm seeing prices all over the map, with listings for low miles 2010's only within $2-3000 of cars 2 years newer. Is there a general consensus of typical price according to year? I'm looking for a car with less than 5000 miles. If I plan to keep this car for a long time, is buying according to mileage more important than year? I'm a bit confused.:eyemouth:
I have an almost brand new SRT8 392 Yellow Jacket I have to sell because I am leaving the country (USAF). It's a fully loaded, 5-speed automatic has (every option offered) and it only has 1965 miles on it. $38k (was $53,500 new) also because it was sold brand new as of this past Jan, it still has 2.4 years left on the warranty!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I want to stay below $40k. Don't care about high end sound or sunroof. I would like nav, and want the 392. No dark blue or PC. :)

There are new 14 SRT8's within 0-4K above 40K & 13/14 used with little to no miles around the 40K range and less. Shouldnt be hard to find what you're looking for but with new car prices being that close to your max, might wanna keep your eyes open.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
This time last year I picked up my 12 for 39k. I looked all over the country though. Ended up driving to Wisconsin from Indiana. I found used 12's all over with up to 9k miles for what I paid for mine new. Just have to find a dealer that is willing to deal. Not a lot of them were even with an almost 2 year old car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had a white '12 slip thru my fingers yesterday. It was listed for $36995 with 1300 miles...I think that was a good price?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you to everyone. I traded the Z06 today (gave me $20500) for a '12 Challenger 392, Tungsten, Sunroof and 3300 miles. I'm a happy man!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought a pristine '08 SRT in Hemi Orange. 18,700 mi. I am so amped. The previous owner really took care of this baby!

·
Registered
9 Posts
New 392

Tell us more about your new ride! Mine is #873 of 6400. Has chrome wheels that Ive never seen on any other '08 SRTs. ha - I'm still pinching myself - I'm afraid I will wake up from this dream! This baby is my whole "bucket list"!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.