Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOTE: this was done on a Charger, and while I’m sure it could be done just as easily on a Challenger, I’m not sure it would look good. The Challenger already has the large, separate turn signal housing, so you could say I’m emulating the Challenger look with this mod.

The person I bought my 2014 Charger from just gave me a fog light kit he wanted to put in it, but the kit wasn’t the OE kind. I’m assuming it came from eBay. Anyway, it had the bezels, housings, bulbs, wiring, a relay, and an on/off switch as part of the kit.

If I lived somewhere that had lots of fog, I’m sure this kit would have been a fine way to add fog lights to a Charger that didn’t come with them. However, I rarely see fog here, plus I really didn’t want to have actuate them with a button all by themselves (or figure out how to actuate them with the headlights, I use auto on headlight switch so they would only be on at night).

I decided to modify the kit to use some 3157A LED turn signal bulbs I had already, and just wired them in to the turn signals inside the headlight housings so they would illuminate anytime the turn signals or hazards were flashing.

I briefly considered having them act just like the parking lights - come on steady with headlights and blink with turn signal/hazards, but I didn’t like the mental image I had in my head of the amber lights in the fog housings always being on when the regular parking lights are on.

Anyway, the whole setup was free (to me), and it took me about an hour to hook up. I’m fine with that!

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,183 Posts
There’s no empty beer bottles in that video...... :unsure:

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There’s no empty beer bottles in that video...... :unsure:
no beer was consumed during the installation and modification of the wiring...and it hadn’t dawned on me until just now, but I didn’t have to redo any part of it - the mod worked as expected the first time.

I wonder if the two are related somehow...neh, what am I saying, that beer consumption can lead to mistakes?!?

Hahaha-rdly!! As if!!

<sigh>

Now that you mention it, I could use a cold beer...but BLAST, I’m out!

🤬

Oh boy, looks like Mrs Nuke needs another lesson in grocery shopping!!

Reactions: F8HemiRT
1 - 3 of 3 Posts