Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Callenger SRT 8 - 392
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have SRT8- 2014 - auto. Using high flow catalysts, do you think I could hear more pop sounds, when compressing of engine?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have srt8 - 2014 - auto , Using high flow Catalysts, do you think I could hear more pop sounds, pop when compressing of engine.
If youre talking about the V8 gurgle then yes. If you're talking about the backfire pops that sound like fire crackers in tin cans, then I don't think so.

Generally speaking.

I think the pop sounds normally come out when you widen the flow in the middle of the exhaust while leaving it restricted at the end. That being said, if your high flow cat intake and outtake diameters are the same as the stock cats, you shouldnt notice too much of an increase in the noise, maybe just a bit more of a raspy note. And youll feel less restriction in the pedal.

But i guess it all comes down to what pipes you use and your existing set up.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I have srt8 - 2014 - auto , Using high flow Catalysts, do you think I could hear more pop sounds, pop when compressing of engin.
The pops and gurgles your're referring to are a product of DFCO (deceleration fuel cutoff). This can be achieved in the tune; however louder exhaust will make what is already present more noticeable.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Factory cats are high-flow & better quality than any aftermarket ones!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I have srt8 - 2014 - auto , Using high flow Catalysts, do you think I could hear more pop sounds, pop when compressing of engin.
Hi-flow cats will simply accentuate what you were hearing before. Increased pops won't result, but their volume and tone will be affected by the hi-flows. I love my Magnaflow mids, by the way. Added bass and volume in sonjunction w/ my cat-back.

- Rob

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Factory cats are high-flow & better quality than any aftermarket ones!
And the award for today's most untrue and over-generalized statement on ChallengerTalk goes to...

·
Registered
867 Posts
And RobF, please do tell how many cells per sq. inch the OE ones have vs. aftermarket? Also, please enlighten me on the concentration of the washcoat of the aftermarket vs. OE.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
And RobF, please do tell how many cells per sq. inch the OE ones have vs. aftermarket? Also, please enlighten me on the concentration of the washcoat of the aftermarket vs. OE.
Nope. Only after you tell us about the panendermic semi-boloid slots of the stator, in which a pre-famulated amulite is surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Nope. Only after you tell us about the panendermic semi-boloid slots of the stator, in which a pre-famulated amulite is surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing.
Bahahahaha

Reactions: RobF
1 - 10 of 10 Posts