Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

just wanted to see what people's opinions are on this for the 2015+ Challenger models. I was wondering if it might be prudent to have a clear UV film installed over the windshield in order to protect the dash and the soft touch material from shrinking, cracking or fading due to constant UV rays. I don't regularly put on the sun shield so I was wondering if that might be a good idea or if it is redundant.

Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
Might be. Regular cleaning with a good interior cleaner and most if not all windshield cleaner has uv protection in it already, however if it gives upiece of mind go for it

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
If you do a little research you will find that the windshield and interliner blocks most UVA and UVB rays.

·
Premium Member
9,370 Posts
If you do a little research you will find that the windshield and interliner blocks most UVA and UVB rays.
That's why photogray glasses don't darken while driving. The sunshade is your best choice then a dash cover is second.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that's good to know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts