Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Yes, I know I have a V6 but there is a very good reason for that, its to keep me out of trouble with the law. In any event, I have a 2011 V6 Challenger I just purchased last week. I would love that deep muscle sound. What exhaust do you recommend.

I am more a ford mustang girl. I had flows and x-pipes on my mustang. Id like a similar sound to that.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Honestly, i have a v6 too, quite impossible to get a v8 sound from a DOHC v6 engine, too Whiney sound. But i just add an air intake to mine (3,6L) and it gave i'm a good rumble at 2k-2.7k rpm! And even more when VVT get in at 4.5k rpm. Just get a cone air filter at parts store, you'll notice a great difference.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
828 Posts
I've read that a lot of the V6 guys say the SOLO exhaust is the best for the V6 Challengers. Also there are members who really like the Jones Full Boar muffler setup.... I'm running Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers on my 3.5 V6.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have the flowmaster force II cat back exhaust...I like it. Drone isnt too bad but yea not going to get the sound of a v8 out of these. There is a sticky thread if you go the SE/SXT Specific thread...that might help you research the best exhaust system for the sound you want.

·
Registered
35 Posts
^how does that help her?

I'm currently in the same boat...Youtube videos and hearing a couple in person are the only way to find the sound you like. I'm leaning either Jones Full Boar or Flowmaster Delta flows for my 3.6 SXT.

Magnaflows just dont do it for me.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I was thinking flow master might help. Have you tried that?
I had a 2013 Redline V6, Installed Flowmaster Super 40's, removed resonators. Sounded great for a V6, but did have some drone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On another forum, a number of people have recently been really happy with replacing mid mufflers with Magnaflow 11265 (or Jones / Different Trend copies) and deleting the rear resonators. Almost all users who tried it reported an increase in volume (but not too loud), deeper tone, and no annoying drone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys,

My setup is 2- Cherry Bomb Vortex mufflers, res delete, 2 1/2 from muffler to the back.
Deep growl, no drone at cruising. about $400.00 total parts and install.
Just do a youtube search and you'll find there's 2 or 3 decent sound clips. :)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,666 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk AJensen ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
273 Posts
Haha... Lets get back to staying out of trouble with a V6 ? That’s a laugh. A V6 isn’t going to keep you out of trouble. I was driving a Nissan Sentra for three months just got rid of it last week and in that three months I have been stopped by Oklahoma State Police twice Texas State Police twice and Sedgwick County Kansas Sheriff once. Sedgwick County Sheriff that wasn’t even for speeding. That was a police magnet rental car. It had Missouri plates. Hmmmm.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts