Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanting to get springs. any thoughts on the difference between the Eibach sport line kit and the SR performance lowering springs? which one is better and lower the car the most?

·
Registered
Phantom Black SXT+ 100th Anniversay
307 Posts
This thread might help you out:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This thread might help you out:

thank you. ur car looks very nice, what have you done to urs??

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thanks, its the wonderful Phantom Black Pearlcoat which pictures can't do justice. Just a few basic mods and/or add-ons:
Splash guards
Front and rear badging
Red powdercoated caliper covers

Maybe future:
Mopar CAI
Muffler delete

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, its the wonderful Phantom Black Pearlcoat which pictures can't do justice. Just a few basic mods and/or add-ons:
Splash guards
Front and rear badging
Red powdercoated caliper covers

Maybe future:
Mopar CAI
Muffler delete
do u think the CAI would increase horsepower. i heard that some doesn't do much and is just there for sound

·
Registered
307 Posts
The jury has been out on that for a long time. I know that I will probably hear a more throaty sound along with the exhaust mod as well but do a search and do some reading on it. Some guys say they can feel a slight difference others not so much.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The jury has been out on that for a long time. I know that I will probably hear a more throaty sound along with the exhaust mod as well but do a search and do some reading on it. Some guys say they can feel a slight difference others not so much.
okay thank you for the info.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,734 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Bruce ;) First mention I have seen here of the SR Performance's Lowering Springs , so I can't make comparisons. But I'll say either, with 2" or more drop, will almost assuredly need more parts to get correct alignment (Adjustable control arms, Camber bolts/bushings)

The CAI debate rages on. I'll say this, get one for looks, sound, reusable filter and you won't be disappointed. Get one for increased power, and you may not find any joy ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to Challengertalk Bruce ;) First mention I have seen here of the SR Performance's Lowering Springs , so I can't make comparisons. But I'll say either, with 2" or more drop, will almost assuredly need more parts to get correct alignment (Adjustable control arms, Camber bolts/bushings)

The CAI debate rages on. I'll say this, get one for looks, sound, reusable filter and you won't be disappointed. Get one for increased power, and you may not find any joy ;)

A Guy
thank you for the information. I just order the Eibach proline kit. Probably need an alignment for it to afterwards? you have the AirAid CAI, how is that working for you, any performance improvement or sound improvement?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,734 Posts
You'll need alignment, my car with the Pros aligned correctly, just one setting was at the limit. But the shop said no problem, and no sign of uneven wear when I rotate my tires. I don't believe anyone has gotten correct alignment with the Sportline though.

The Airaid Cai, looks and the lifetime reusable filter. I already had the Solo exhaust when I put it on, so can't tell you what sound change it alone will get you. It did make the exhaust sound deeper with the Solos, that for me is 100%

I don't think there was any noticeable performance improvement

Eibach Pros before and after for my car

Before

After

A Guy

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You'll need alignment, my car with the Pros aligned correctly, just one setting was at the limit. But the shop said no problem, and no sign of uneven wear when I rotate my tires. I don't believe anyone has gotten correct alignment with the Sportline though.

The Airaid Cai, looks and the lifetime reusable filter. I already had the Solo exhaust when I put it on, so can't tell you what sound change it alone will get you. It did make the exhaust sound deeper with the Solos, that for me is 100%

I don't think there was any noticeable performance improvement

Eibach Pros before and after for my car

Before

View attachment 978120

After

View attachment 978121

A Guy
oh nice. I also do have the solo performance exhaust. so u recommend the airaid then?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,734 Posts
If you want it for looks, sound, and lifetime filter, yes

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,734 Posts
Any performance increase will be either small increase, big outlay, or big increase, bigger outlay. I have only done appearance. Did do a 5.9 0-60 early on, just to see what it would do. I can open the hood without shame, lol

A Guy

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Any performance increase will be either small increase, big outlay, or big increase, bigger outlay. I have only done appearance. Did do a 5.9 0-60 early on, just to see what it would do. I can open the hood without shame, lol

View attachment 978133

A Guy
fastest i've gone is 6 flat. but consistently getting around 6.5 or below. are u planning on doing any mods?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,734 Posts
For performance? No. I bought a V6 because it was all I needed. Can't deny if picking up 20HP was relatively cheap I'd likely do it, but easiest would be a tune, $1000+ tune, and have to run 93 octane. That and I have a Lifetime warranty, so no major mods like that for me anyway.

A Guy

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For performance? No. I bought a V6 because it was all I needed. Can't deny if picking up 20HP was relatively cheap I'd likely do it, but easiest would be a tune, $1000+ tune, and have to run 93 octane. That and I have a Lifetime warranty, so no major mods like that for me anyway.

A Guy
yea my v6 is my daily. nothing can improve perfomance by a lot unless u supercharge it lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts