Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dodge stopped making Manuals for V6 any reason why?
Really wanted a manual but since they don't have them might as well get an RT soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Mustang or Camaro would be your best bet there. Though I believe somebody swapped an NSG370 into a 3.5L Magnum not long ago. I believe I read it on some forum. Oddball but kinda cool.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Don't let the fuel milage scare you. The difference is only about 2 mpg.
In the many 5.7's I've driven (used to drive for a DODGE dealer) the difference is more like 5mpg, which equals out to about 85 miles less per tank if you fill up with about 3 gallons left.
If you drive a lot, that's a nice chunk of change.

I'd suggest the OP drive a 8 speed, it's a awesome trans and it makes the 3.6 feel almost as fast as the 5.7

·
Registered
14,283 Posts
Believe thwy made a couple of V6 manuals in 2009 for testing, wonder if they survived or if they were crushed.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,360 Posts
In the many 5.7's I've driven (used to drive for a DODGE dealer) the difference is more like 5mpg, which equals out to about 85 miles less per tank if you fill up with about 3 gallons left.
If you drive a lot, that's a nice chunk of change.

I'd suggest the OP drive a 8 speed, it's a awesome trans and it makes the 3.6 feel almost as fast as the 5.7
To a true stick driver no automatic is as good. My pickup is an automatic and overall it's nice to drive but at the same time I hate it because of the constant shifting. It's just not as enjoyable.
If my car wasn't available in a manual trans I be driving something else that is.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,145 Posts
You can get a Chilton's manual for 2005-2010 LXs (300, Charger, Challenger, etc.), which includes the 2.7L & 3.5L V6s and the 5.7L V8. As far as I can tell, they simply did not publish any more for the LXs after that.

So, if you wanted a manual specific to the 3.6L, you will need to pay for the service manual like what the dealership techs have. But other than engine specifics, that Chilton's manual I referenced may still be useful to you for general maintenance service tasks and other non-exceptional break/fix tasks on the car, as long as it is not a 2015+ model that is.

What's in that Chilton's manual for the 05-10s bears very little semblance to what would be needed to maintain and work on the refreshed Challengers they started offering in 2015.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,944 Posts
Manual transmission

A Guy

·
Premium Member
6,145 Posts
Ah, okay, then please disregard my post...

Man, if i had any dignity, this might have been embarrassing!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,944 Posts
It was good info!

A Guy ;)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Dodge stopped making Manuals for V6 any reason why?
Really wanted a manual but since they don't have them might as well get an RT soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because there is not sufficient demand in the market place to make it a profitable proposition for Dodge to make the investment. That's simply how all of these decisions are made at the auto companies.

·
Registered
14,283 Posts
The take rate for the M6 Challenger still remains fairly high, whether this would translate into sufficient V6 manual sales I do not know.

2016 M6

29% - R/T
21% - R/T Plus
33% - R/T Shaker
28% - R/T Plus Shaker
34% - Scat Pack
30% - Scat Pack Shaker
27% - SRT 392
33% - Hellcat

So 13,477 M6 cars out of 83,282 cars built, about 16% but take away the 38,242 SXT cars which are A8 only and you have about a 30% take rate where the M6 was available. The low M6 rate on the R/T Plus probably points to an even lower rate on a future SXT M6 which would certainly be in the teens at best.

·
Premium Member
6,145 Posts
Because there is not sufficient demand in the market place to make it a profitable proposition for Dodge to make the investment. That's simply how all of these decisions are made at the auto companies.
Yep, and the shear amount of work needed to add the M6 into the SXT mix and get an acceptable result (with respects to CARB numbers, MPG requirements, etc.) means it's nust not going to happen, IMHO.

Not with the current Tuna Boat platform (Mercedes) anyway. Maybe once they switch to the lighter platform (2019?), and that's a huge maybe, but def not now.

How about this: If they offer a M6 in the SXTs before the platform refresh, I'll eat my Sunday hat!

The take rate for the M6 Challenger still remains fairly high, whether this would translate into sufficient V6 manual sales I do not know.

2016 M6

29% - R/T
21% - R/T Plus
33% - R/T Shaker
28% - R/T Plus Shaker
34% - Scat Pack
30% - Scat Pack Shaker
27% - SRT 392
33% - Hellcat

So 13,477 M6 cars out of 83,282 cars built, about 16% but take away the 38,242 SXT cars which are A8 only and you have about a 30% take rate where the M6 was available. The low M6 rate on the R/T Plus probably points to an even lower rate on a future SXT M6 which would certainly be in the teens at best.

Facts, smacks! You are not going to fool me with all your facts. I mean hell, if i wanted to, i could use facts to prove anything that was even remotely true. :wink3:

·
Premium Member
6,145 Posts
And before anyone tries to say, "That's not a good bet, you probably don't even wear a hat on Sundays!"

Allow me to introduce my Sunday hat:

sunday hat.jpg

As you can tell, I am not one to give up on a garment just because of a little age. However, I did find one that I think I can get used to wearing everywhere like I did this last one:

ct_ct001_capp_blac-800x800.jpg

And it'll be here on Saturday :wiggle:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts