Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

V6 Performance Kit: Discounts and More Info

After extensive R&D and independent testing I am proud to officially release parts for the 3.5L and 2.7L V6 LXs! For all of you who have missed my previous threads I have been working on ported lower intake manifolds and ported throttle bodies for the 3.5L. The throttle body also carries over to the 2.7L engine.

Kit Price (machined finish): $495 plus shipping ($100 savings)

Add: $75 for polished ports (manifold and throttle body)

Core refund: $175 (total) when both manifold and TB core are received!

Includes both the Lower Intake Manifold and Ported Throttle Body!

Ported/Polished Manifold & Ported/Polished Throttle body vs. Machined finish throttle body

Ported Lower Intake Manifold:
The factory lower intake manifold on these Mopar V6 engines is grossly mismatched to the intake ports on the cylinder head and the texture left over from production casting hinders airflow. Starting with a factory part we remove the cast flashing to promote better airflow from the upper intake plenum through the lower manifold and into the cylinder heads. We then increase the size of the ports using the gasket as a template. These "gasket matched" ported manifolds have been reported by independent testers to improve the mid range of the powerband and also throttle response on both normally aspirated and supercharged applications. Port polishing is also an option for truly maximized airflow.

Individual Pricing:

$325 machined finish
$375 polished

Core refund: $75 when your stock part is received

Polished:

Machined:

Hand-Ported Throttle Body:

The 3.5L and 2.7L Mopar V6 engines were designed for efficiency and in most cases at the expense of less performance. After extensive testing in different variations we've been able to establish the perfect formula to maximize throttle response and real world hp/tq gains. We start with a factory part and cut the front side which is tapered into the blade diameter. The exit of the throttle body is cut slightly to match the diameter of the intake plenum. This throttle body has proven to produce 5-7 horsepower and torque throughout the powerband. Testing was performed on a DynoDynamics dyno which are known for producing very conservative numbers so you can count on real world gains.

Individual Pricing:

$285 machined finish
$300 polished

Core refund: $100 when your stock core is received.

About Core Refunds: PLEASE READ
[/B][/COLOR]
All parts must be received in good condition and perfect working order! This means no junk yard items that are covered in corrosion and oily residue and/or other defects. Dirty parts are acceptable and I've considered that as an unfortunate part of doing core exchanges. Please no throttle bodies with broken sensors or other damages.

TIME FRAME:

We request that you return your core within 2 weeks or sooner of receiving your parts from us. Failure to return your part within 1 month will result in not receiving a core refund and negative itrader feedback. We are not trying to be the bad guy, just keep in mind others are waiting on parts that rely on you shipping yours back!

All parts are available for purchase on AECARBON.COM Carbon Fiber Kevlar for Motorcycles, Cars and trucks!

[/CENTER]

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quotes from Customers about the lower intake manifold:

The powerband is deffinatly flatter as there is no longer the sudden smack of power at around 3-4K RPM. That has been replaced with a smoother, faster acceleration. The engine is also louder on the highway and a little more "burbley" under slow acceleration making it sound like it's just loafing along, sort of like an old muscle car.

All in all I'm very glad to have it, THANKS RYAN!!
I can tell a difference it pulls harder all the way up to 4500 now and it got into boost quicker this is great worth every dime
did a run this morning right after a light rain this and she did a 180* with ESP on usually is off for that to happen! was kinda fun though when I she pulls she pulls

Quotes from Customers about the ported throttle body:

3.5L
i installed my throttle body today and i must say i love it so far. i have a 20 mile commute home from work with freeway driving and i will say the car is more responsive with the TB. i have ZERO other performance mods, so as a baseline i'd say it's worth it. i will also say that the gas gauge is moving a tad less with it, and i was NOT easy with the go-pedal!
after about 2 tanks of gas and a lot of full throttle driving I now got a 1 MPG gain. I want to get to Firebird but dont have the 20 Bucks to spear. there has been a differences in the 3000 to 5000 range. seems to pull a little harder.
2.7L
The take off is the same maybe a lil more go but you can really tell in the midrange power band. I used to cruise at around 65-70mph now I'm at 75-80mph. Plus Passing slow peeps ins the fast lane is much easier when you put your foot to the floor. So in all I've been having a blast with this mod i need to slow down lol. Next I think I'll add dual exhaust and see what that does for me.
Well lets see. I'm on my 4th tank since the swap out now and must say it is a very nice upgrade. Drove to Cali last thursday and passing slow poke on the road was a breeze. Cruising at an average speed of 80mph all the way there on 1 tank of gas, filled up before I left. So driving there and a lil intown drive before I had to fill up got me 420 miles to on 18 gallons, which is an increase considering i was only getting 400 to 410 before so. In town driving while I was there got me 412 miles to 18 gallons did alot of back and forth from oceanside to San Diego. Same results on the return trip also. So in all I'm very impressed and happy but then again i'm no speed demon. But like I said it definitely has more go especially in the midrange power band when you get on it. Good Job Ryan! Thanks again.
I have this in my 2.7 and the throttle response time is so much better than before. My car feels so much better and I sill have not put my chip in or intake and exhaust. I love the way my car feels and anyone in the Tristate area can come and see if they dont believe me the difference shows.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
as stated in my testimonial, i LOVE the throttle body. it's well machined and doesn't take that long to install with simple tools. i have the ported lower intake manifold going in on saturday, making me the first Challenger with this combo. the manifold is gorgeous as well. i strongly suggest any V6 owners to look into this combo. especially now that the Diablosport is out for us, we can finally start making our cars faster....

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
hmm maybe we need a V6 aefis?

Ryan test the waters lmao
well, we talked over at LX Forums about this....i have ZERO issues with using your CAI if i don't get a shaker hood or supercharge. i'm SUPPOSED to get the first G2ho from reverend scott hammer, but he hasn't given an official street date for it.....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So who's going to be next ;)? I have 3 manifolds in stock, 1 is polished and reserved for a fella up in Canada when he's ready :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well guys I think we have 2 of these "performance combos" officially on V6 Challengers does anyone have any questions? I have 2 ported manifolds in stock ready to ship!

·
Registered
461 Posts
just curious anyone know what a shop would charge for this install?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just curious anyone know what a shop would charge for this install?
Would all depend on the shops hourly rate and how much markup they charge you on parts (coolant and gaskets). It averages me about 2 hrs to perform the install and I charge $75 for the labor (local to Phoenix).

·
Registered
461 Posts
oh wow
.. damn i would just rather come down there n let u guys install it

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats an option too :) The shop is down in Mesa. Just give me a heads up. June 19-21 and July 18th-20th I'll be out of town for photo gigs otherwise I'm open.

·
Registered
461 Posts
yea ill probably have to wait until september im moving to LA in august or so , but for sure ill let you know..

·
Registered
85 Posts
as stated in my testimonial, i LOVE the throttle body. it's well machined and doesn't take that long to install with simple tools. i have the ported lower intake manifold going in on saturday, making me the first Challenger with this combo. the manifold is gorgeous as well. i strongly suggest any V6 owners to look into this combo. especially now that the Diablosport is out for us, we can finally start making our cars faster....
Wildrider, did you do your own install? How did it go?

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Wildrider, did you do your own install? How did it go?
i did the throttle body by myself with no problems. took me about 30-35 minutes to do. you just have to take the air intake box assembly out and finagle a few bolts/studs to do the swap. i did the TB back in march and then the manifold in may. i did have help swapping the manifold. i run a service shop so one of my techs gave me a hand. only took about an hour to swap the manifold. the gaskets were reusable as well since they had hardly any mileage on them. definitely worth the money. the car pulls so much better with the combo. i'm installing a CAI tonight and i'll tweak my predator tune a bit to get the full gains out of the combo.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just ordered the manifold, looking forward to seeing how much difference there is from stock.

Just a heads up too, when ordering on the AECarbon web site some links in the site aren't setup right to work with the SSL cert and I kept getting popups letting me know that some links weren't secure. Might make some people not want to enter their cc info.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Just ordered the manifold, looking forward to seeing how much difference there is from stock.

Just a heads up too, when ordering on the AECarbon web site some links in the site aren't setup right to work with the SSL cert and I kept getting popups letting me know that some links weren't secure. Might make some people not want to enter their cc info.
I'll have to look into that Jason, we had been having issues since we updated our SSL but it was supposed to be fixed. If there's ever a question you can always pay us direct with paypal.

EDIT: Just looked into it...its the rotating banner image URLs conflicting with the https protocol and security rules. Its only seems to be an issue in IE on PCs. I edit everything on Mac and test in every browser but it didnt give any security error issues during testing. I will fix it shortly.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts