Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Congrats Jason...you are Challenger #2 with the Ported Manifold. Wildrider was #1. One step closer towards pulling on a stock RT.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Swapped in the aecarbon ported manifold this weekend, no issues other than it taking longer than I thought to get it installed. Seems to be pulling a little harder now :bigthumb:

·
Registered
461 Posts
is it worth it jason ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
My butt dyno says yeah, however with it being between 100-110 degrees out here it's hard to tell so far. I'm going to try some data logging to compare previous numbers stock to what it is now. A couple steps in the install can be tricky, but Ryan had a great walkthrough posted here that I followed:

How to: 3.5L Lower Intake Manifold Installation - LX Forums Modern Mopar Muscle

Definitely recommend having a buddy there to help with getting the plenum off. The trans service tube made want to scream at one point and if my neighbors were within earshot they got a colorful plethora of obscenities when I removed that and the coolant hoses from the back of the intake manifold.

·
Registered
461 Posts
any update on numbers?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Ok guys, I have some kinda bad news...

The lower intake manifolds are now on national backorder from Chrysler. At one point I had 6 cores in circulation but I am now down to 2. This makes for a pretty slow turn around waiting for customers to install their ported parts and mail the cores and everything. I have 3 people on a waiting list for them as well. I will be shopping around to hopefully find some good cores from salvaged cars. Until I establish an inventory of cores again or Chrysler gets their act together about parts these will not be actively available.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
We have 4 ported throttle bodies in stock! I expect to have a ported manifold back in stock by the weekend.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The trans service tube made want to scream at one point and if my neighbors were within earshot they got a colorful plethora of obscenities when I removed that and the coolant hoses from the back of the intake manifold.
That made me need to run to the bathroom I thought I was going to pee myself it was so funny!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I have 4 ported throttle bodies in stock.

I have 1 that is a brand new core and the cost for that one is $315 and will not be offering a core refund...for those of you that would like a brand new TB.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts