Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
I'd not seen that before. Hood is fiberglass.

The Shaker system bolts onto the OEM engine cover

Interesting. Depending on quality and fit, it could be something

A Guy

·
Registered
2016 Scat pack
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd not seen that before. Hood is fiberglass.

The Shaker system bolts onto the OEM engine cover

Interesting. Depending on quality and fit, it could be something

A Guy
Yeah it's intriguing, and also out of stock. Just wondering if anyone had seen or dealt with the product before. I like the look of the shaker hood and while I know there isn't a whole lot you can do to the v6 in the way of gains it would look pretty awesome IMO and even better if it was functional

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Yeah it's intriguing, and also out of stock. Just wondering if anyone had seen or dealt with the product before. I like the look of the shaker hood and while I know there isn't a whole lot you can do to the v6 in the way of gains it would look pretty awesome IMO and even better if it was functional
Says it's functional on the web site, but it won't add anything in terms of any type of gain.

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
It would lower the intake air temperature wouldn't it? Never a bad thing.
Does look cool. Impressive that they went the extra mile to make it functional.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
It would lower the intake air temperature wouldn't it? Never a bad thing.
Does look cool. Impressive that they went the extra mile to make it functional.
Yes, it should, but I wouldn't call that a gain, in which the OP is talking about.

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Scat pack
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, it should, but I wouldn't call that a gain, in which the OP is talking about.
Yeah I just like the look of the shaker and this one seems to replicate it instead of others I've seen that aren't functional. I know I'm not going to get anything from it performance wise. Just thought it was cool that it actually bolted in. Sent an email about availability, will let you guys know more if/when I get it from the manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,714 Posts
Since it is connected to the air intake, maybe it hasn't been CARB certified past 2017 so they have to list that it will only fit up to 2017? Just a thought. Don't know any reason it shouldn't fit up to 2020. I don't think my 2018 3.6L is any different than a 2017.
Just too lazy to update their website items is my guess.

Reactions: Byron and vpzyck

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
An honest guy.

A "not so honest guy" would have taken a deposit and they gave you the run around for months.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you really want the look that bad couldn't you just get a hood and bolt the bubble to the underside somehow?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Scat pack
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you really want the look that bad couldn't you just get a hood and bolt the bubble to the underside somehow?
It wouldn't be a functioning part of the intake unless you bought one like the above posted, or fabricated a way to make the v8 shaker hook up from what I've read. It wouldn't feel right to do a halfway job on something and just make it look like it had a shaker that really wasn't attached to anything but the hood if that's what you mean. And I'm not the best with mechanical things in the first place, I'd just get angry trying to fabricate something to make it work. Follow the instructions install, sure I can manage enough to get by or have friends and family who are good at it. Not much more than that though lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts