Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was a bit bit windy today so sound may not be great but here is a compare of stock muffler vs Jones muffler with resonator removed...

I will note that cabin drone is about 95% LESS with the Jones over the stock muffler.

fist link is stock muffler with reso delete

Next link is Jones Full Boar Muffler with reso delete

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I like it a lot. The video sound, especially with tiny notebook speakers does not do it justice.
It's about as good a sound as you can get with a V6 without going for a ricer sound.
I post so folks who are in the market have some videos to check out. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
658 Posts
So couple of days later.....whats your take on it?...i recieve mine tomorrow and will install on friday...i even asked for day of from work....lol..........anxious

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
Hesser is going to run up to San Antone so I can cut his rear valance and have Carlos weld up his system on the 18th - we will be putting on his R/T tips - I'll get Viking to meet us and video GHOST and Hesser that day

ps Eddie - you want to run up from McAllen the same day - pick up a set of R/T tips and I will cut both of you

·
Registered
658 Posts
Hesser is going to run up to San Antone so I can cut his rear valance and have Carlos weld up his system on the 18th - we will be putting on his R/T tips - I'll get Viking to meet us and video GHOST and Hesser that day

ps Eddie - you want to run up from McAllen the same day - pick up a set of R/T tips and I will cut both of you
Let mw see what i can do ghost... I dont need tips or valance cut.. I already have the srt exhaust installed with tips and an rt valance... But would be fun to hook up with fellow members :)

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So couple of days later.....whats your take on it?...i recieve mine tomorrow and will install on friday...i even asked for day of from work....lol..........anxious
sounds great. love it! you won't be sorry :bigthumb: you're gonna freak first time you crank it up. makes the ole sixer sound nice

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
658 Posts
I installed today and was a pita , i suggest u order fb2543 maybe its my setup but i guess it 's just me... Its cause the 41 has the center outlet and 43 has side outlet.. 41 is pita

·
Registered
526 Posts
Sounds good! good job:thumbsup: just for the hell of it ..it would be interesting to hear your new system beside a stock r/t exhaust idling away..you might have started a exhaust trend for 6cyl owners
like to hear the interior sound rolling down the hwy with windows up and radio off..enjoy:bigthumb:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I installed today and was a pita , i suggest u order fb2543 maybe its my setup but i guess it 's just me... Its cause the 41 has the center outlet and 43 has side outlet.. 41 is pita
on a stock exhaust you need the offset offset. sorry to hear it was a tough install.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds good! good job:thumbsup: just for the hell of it ..it would be interesting to hear your new system beside a stock r/t exhaust idling away..you might have started a exhaust trend for 6cyl owners
like to hear the interior sound rolling down the hwy with windows up and radio off..enjoy:bigthumb:
I'm gonna try and do this Monday on my way to work.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would like to hear a drive by. What dose it sound like when you get on it. The idle is awsome! Any vid for that out there?

·
Registered
658 Posts
on a stock exhaust you need the offset offset. sorry to hear it was a tough install.
yea just look on the pics below, since i already had an SRT exhaust installed they had to burn the second hole for the dual inlets, and since its a CENTER outlet they had to first weld it CLOSE then WELD the 2 Dual outlets that go to the Tips....thats why i wish i woulda gotten the 43....so my full boar is Custom 2 in and 2 out and of course took of the resenators:)...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts