Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of people have always made a big deal about our muscle cars having V-8's or V-6's. I say who gives a flying @#$%???

My buddy drives his SE and loves it!!! Just becuase it's a V-6 doesn't mean a dog gone thing or make it less of a Challenger. The point is, he's happy with it.

I drive not only drive a Camaro SS, I drive an LT too. I love them both.

My SS takes a back seat to no one.

My LT has enough power to get me into or out of trouble depending my my mood, but also handles like a lady and is my daily driver.

Point is, is there really a need for this "My **** is bigger than your ****" Discussion anymore?

I don't see the need. We own our vehicles because we love them and love driving them. I just wish those "who don't know" would stop asking or saying, "Does that have a V-8?... You should have gotten the V-8."

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Don't worry, it won't be long 'till we're all driving electric cars... :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Huh??

It's not about comparing sizes; it's about what you want
in a car. Obviously a lot of people DO give a @#!!&, otherwise we'd all be driving sixes.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Guy in a v6 Camaro "tried" to do a burnout for all the Challengers at Challengerfest2, HUGE fail.

Funniest thing from the whole weekend.

I say build a billion v6 cars.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I could really give a **** what everyone drives. I love to drive fast and look good doing it, thats why I bought my car.

·
Registered
455 Posts
A lot of people have always made a big deal about our muscle cars having V-8's or V-6's. I say who gives a flying @#$%???
How boring would it be if we all drove the same thing. I've owned a few modded V6s (one was supercharged) but I'ld rather have the rumble of a V8 even if it's slower than a V6. No right or wrong just personal preference. Just buy/build what makes you happy & enjoy.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Camaro's, Challengers look alike regardless of engine size. Now on the other hand a Muscle car in my book HAS a V8!

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Why did you bring it up again, timidwhatever.? seems you want to stir the pot a little.

·
Registered
186 Posts
V8's are safer. They give you the power needed to safely pass the V6's in front of you. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
630 Posts
When they ask me if I have a V6 or a V8 I tell them NOPE I have a Supercharged HEMI!
And do I care if I have a V6 or V8? Yep I do.

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you dont have a V8 Challenger, you might as well have bought something else!!

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
The funny thing that I get out of this, is there always seems to be the insinuation that this must be a form of **** measuring. Is that really written somewhere that it is, or do people presume that it is to make a defensive stance?

I bought my Challenger with a v8 in it because that is what I believe should go in one. It makes the car feel like how I think a Challenger should feel. While I will continue to scratch my head as to why others will go with a v6 in the same car, the concept of **** length never even enters my mind. I just know it is something I wouldn't do, nor can I understand how the car is all that enjoyable, but certainly, whatever floats your boat is still applicable.

As for when the random stranger walks up to you to ask if it has a v8 in it...are they inquiring about **** length, too? I think "No" on this. They are simply looking for hope and inspiration (that the "Unicorn" they are looking at is truly a v8-fire-breathing one, not just one that looks like a Unicorn but has the same sort of engine every other large car and CUV around it has)...a hope to temporarily escape from the "realm of the mundane". It's just something "special" in your gut when you find one, and there is a natural reflex behavior afterward when they are either elated they spotted a "v8 one" or deflated that they did not find a "v8 one". I think it is reasonable to think that your **** size is the farthest thought in their head right then.

·
Registered
28 Posts
^^
Well said Randy! I personally can't imagine why anyone would get a Challenger with a V6. The same goes for any muscle car...Camaro, etc. Hell, I was pissed back in teh 70's when the Mustang came out with a V4!!!

But that is MY personal opinion, I would never berate anyone for their choice!

And if it bothers you when people ask you if you have a V8 or V6....maybe you should have gotten a V8....lol!

Skarn

·
Registered
442 Posts
The predominating answer is: yes we give a damn.

I was considering a V6, but something about the Hemi drew me towards a V8. Having never driven anything with more than 6 cylinders and 190HP in my life, the Hemi was an amazing contrast. I'm not saying the V8 is better in terms of personal superiority over others who don't, but it is a fun engine with great power. The ability to put the hammer down at 70mph and powering past slower traffic in a 2+ ton car is incomparable, especially when I average 22+ mpg.

When it comes down to personal tastes, which are so subjective, there will never be an absolute consensus on what is right or wrong for everyone, at least regarding cars.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

My buddy drives his SE and loves it!!! Just becuase it's a V-6 doesn't mean a dog gone thing or make it less of a Challenger. The point is, he's happy with it.

I drive not only drive a Camaro SS, I drive an LT too. I love them both.

My SS takes a back seat to no one.

My LT has enough power to get me into or out of trouble depending my my mood, but also handles like a lady and is my daily driver.

Point is, is there really a need for this "My **** is bigger than your ****" Discussion anymore?

I don't see the need. We own our vehicles because we love them and love driving them. I just wish those "who don't know" would stop asking or saying, "Does that have a V-8?... You should have gotten the V-8."
Yawn........

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
...and why is a guy who chooses a menacing user name such as "INTIMIDAT3R" (all caps, of course, because anything else would not be extreme enough) attempting to preach the merits of not measuring ****s vs. measuring ****s to us? :p

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
...Point is, is there really a need for this "My **** is bigger than your ****" Discussion anymore?
No, there really isn't. So why did you start this thread and bring it up?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.