Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:
I am a new dodge challenger owner. My car has the performance pages which include gauges, steering, handling and paddle shifter setup. it has the sport mode button. However, it does not have, that I can find, any widget or button to put the car into valet mode. I did some research and found this device Tazer – Z Automotive that is supposed to unlock the valet mode feature. Unfortunately it costs $300. has anyone been able to do this either through their dealership or some other way?
Thank you for your help and any guidance.

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
Challenger R/T as in 5.7L R/T?

Sorry, but Valet Mode is only used on 6.4L or 6.2L engines and Tazer does not add things, it only unlocks things that are hidden in the electronic menus. Since FCA never put it on the 5.7L to begin with, there is nothing to unlock so no way to get it on the 5.7L.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,427 Posts
I guess you can kinda fake a valet mode if you modify the driver demand pedal request tables in the PCM tune. (or just get one of those pedal commanders) Would kind of work like sport mode does where you can have a laggy pedal feel that you limit in normal mode but in sport it can be spirited and unlimited. Although nothing from preventing the driver from hitting the sport mode button. IMO not really needed on a bone stock RT.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,715 Posts
I guess you can kinda fake a valet mode if you modify the driver demand pedal request tables in the PCM tune. (or just get one of those pedal commanders) Would kind of work like sport mode does where you can have a laggy pedal feel that you limit in normal mode but in sport it can be spirited and unlimited. Although nothing from preventing the driver from hitting the sport mode button. IMO not really needed on a bone stock RT.
Too bad you can't lock in MDS, that would be nice. Should be do-able, right? (assuming it is a auto car with it)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.