Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be a bad thing to enable valet mode before letting a spouse drive a Hellcat?

And never tell her about it?

Just wondering...*grin*

·
Registered
570 Posts
Would it be a bad thing to enable valet mode before letting a spouse drive a Hellcat?

I thought about doing that, but what happened all by itself was even better.

My girlfriend had strict instructions for the break-in period, but one day I knew she'd have over 500 miles on her car before being back home.

Knowing that she wouldn't miss that fact, once back I asked her how it felt when she stomped on it. Surprisingly, she seemed a bit disappointed. Not the get up and go that she had expected, she said.

That's when I looked at her hand and noticed that she was holding the black key.
Yep, she had left 297 hp on the kitchen counter.

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Oh I figured FinFace was the girl wanting to prank her husband or a guy wanting to prank his husband by the way the question was asked.
Nowadays I am not sure which pronouns to use? But I thought FinFace was the first half of the marriage and the pronoun "her" was the better half?

"Would it be a bad thing to enable valet mode before letting a spouse drive a Hellcat?

Just wondering...*grin*"

·
Registered
320 Posts
Valet for Spouse?

Would it be a bad thing for your spouse to find a valet with a bigger gearshift to drive?

And never tell you about it?

Just wondering...*grin*

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
Nowadays I am not sure which pronouns to use? But I thought FinFace was the first half of the marriage and the pronoun "her" was the better half?

"Would it be a bad thing to enable valet mode before letting a spouse drive a Hellcat?

Just wondering...*grin*"
I was only messing with him

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

Just wondering...*grin*
I'd add a hidden switch to enable limp mode... >:)

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

Just wondering...*grin*

Valet mode for the car before letting the spouse drive the Hellcat?

Do you have a limit on how much she can charge on the credit card?

Do you have a limit on how much she can withdraw from the checking account at the ATM?

Did she sign a pre-nup agreement?

Do you have the phone number of a good divorce attorney?

How long have you been married?

Women always find out.

I'd not put the car in valet mode. From my admittedly less than full knowledge of it I would think the car would be undriveable and unsafe on the road with valet mode enabled.

Ask her if she has a preference between the black or red key, ask what she feels comfortable with.

Or better yet, just hand her a red key and black key for her key chain and let her decide which one she uses. This is the best I think. Anything else you would be calling into question her ability to make the right choice for her.

Got that divorce attorney on speed dial?

Even if she uses the red key, doesn't mean she's going to smash the gas pedal down.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Valet mode for the car before letting the spouse drive the Hellcat?
I'd not put the car in valet mode. From my admittedly less than full knowledge of it I would think the car would be undriveable and unsafe on the road with valet mode enabled.

I drove mine in Valet Mode for the first several hundred miles to avoid the temptation.
There is nothing dangerous about it, it felt like I was driving a six cylinder is all. Got up to interstate speed, no problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This whole conversation gave me a big case of the grins. hah....

My SO (not married, long story... taxes taxes taxes) would love it if my SRT 8 (not supercharged even) had a "low performance" mode. Though I showed her that the loud pedal is really pretty gentle until you lean on it.

She does love driving it though, and loves the solid feel of it. She would PICK the valet key if I had a Hellcat, but would NOT be happy if I slipped it to her without her knowing it. I think.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts