Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
This post cracks me up!! Thanks!! I would do it.., as a joke but in all reality I have nothing to worry about. My ole Lady would never in a million years drive like I do. But I would CERTAINLY do it as a joke., lol

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
My ole Lady would never in a million years drive like I do.
That's what she wants you to think. My wife always calls me an idiot after doing a burnout. She took the challenger to work one day because the fuel pump relay on her JGC failed. Anyways a couple of months later, her work had an outing that I attended and her coworkers were like..."Oh I love your challenger...that car can sure laydown rubber". I was like, "Excuse me, how do you know"? They said, "Oh your wife was smoking up the parking lot when she brought it to work the other day". My wife was standing next to me at the time, I looked at her and she started blushing like she was just busted. I then told her coworkers, "That's impossible, it could not have been my wife and challenger...because only idiots do burnouts...at least that's what she tells me when I do them". That was the moment I found out how the wife really drives. :grin2:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
All,

Great comments. I used spouse 'lest I be accused of being gender bias!

My wife was (is, aren't they always?) a Marine and she would be quite pissed off if I did set up valet mode with the four digit code needed to exit it. When I first learned about these cars I found a review video with the "cold start up" audio. I sat her down and said, "I need you to talk me out of this." The grin on her face when she heard it, and then said, "You want me to talk you out of THAT!?" was priceless. Three months later we've got a Challenger.

But, she doesn't read manuals despite my gentle urging that it is a good idea so I thought it might be a good "lesson learned".

But then I thought, "I better ask the forum guys - they know about these cars - and maybe spouses too!"

Turns out she knew about valet mode from watching a review, so I'd have been caught right away.

Finface

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I drove mine in Valet Mode for the first several hundred miles to avoid the temptation.
There is nothing dangerous about it, it felt like I was driving a six cylinder is all. Got up to interstate speed, no problem.

Even so I would not put the car in valet mode. I'd just hand her the two keys and let her decide. I'd mention the valet mode and how to activate it if the opportunity presented itself. Be sure you agree upon a code so you can take the car out of valet mode without having to disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mine asked for the black key, and uses Eco mode, but it's by choice. Throttle disciple is the best nanny of all.
Same here. My wife won't ever take the red key and she won't drive it out of ECO mode.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Same here. My wife won't ever take the red key and she won't drive it out of ECO mode.
In contrast, today my girlfriend's radar detector got her down to about 98 mph before the State Police came around the bend.
And of course she was using the red key. She most certainly didn't buy that car to go slowly in.

·
Super Moderator
12,988 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said.

Avoid the dilema. Buy her a nice little Honda and send her to the shoe store.

A Guy

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I'm an equal opportunity sexist.

I don't think most men or women can drive.

...or anything in between, or outside, or in another dimension.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts