Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2015 SRT 392 and have owned it for about a year. I've never tried valet mode before now so I thought I'd give my thoughts for those that haven't tried it.

First off I have a 17 yr old son who just got his drivers license which has motivated me to try this as I remember what I drove like at 17 and that was only in a 85 Caravan.

First off it's very easy to set up. You just hit the SRT button and at the bottom hit the valet button. It will then ask you to enter a four digit code and hit ok. That's all it takes!

Once in valet mode it turns the car into a Honda Civic.

It locks out first gear in an A8 ( not sure about 6 speed).

It also does not allow you to use launch control.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1459372662.262016.jpg

Won't let you turn off Traction Control.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1459372701.681692.jpg

Won't allow you to enter the SRT pages to change suspension or transmission settings.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1459372726.661181.jpg

The engine also won't rev past 4000rpm.

I tried it out and my god it's like someone removed the big V8 and put a sewing machine in its place.

Can't spin the tires. Can't slide the back end out and probably wouldn't outrun a smart car. It's Perfect for a 17yr old new driver to take for the occasional spin.

Anyhow that's my little review. I'm very happy with its features and think Dodge is brilliant for this technology.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Nice write up, valet is nice when you let others drive your car until they get used to the power and just for cruising around when you want to take it easy. The first gear lockout is A8 only, the M6 can still use all 6 gears but the reduced engine output and 4,000 rpm limit remain and is not adjustable on either.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Damn, what's a teenage boy to do? No burnout's for the friends, no high speed running from the law, might as well not drive the old-mans car at all.>:)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Great info. I have my code set up, I just never remember to use it. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn, what's a teenage boy to do? No burnout's for the friends, no high speed running from the law, might as well not drive the old-mans car at all.>:)

I told him to just park it outside his high school...and collect the girls phone numbers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,799 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I remember that M5 runway crash, John Travolta had a house and kept his 707 there. Very sad.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Me too. One of my friend's cousins was in the car...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts