Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do guy's feel about dropping off your Challenger to the valet parking geek? I was outside a hotel and saw a valet guy take an Aston Martin into the parking garage. The owner had just walked into the hotel. Soon as he turned the corner and pulled into the garage, he punched it hard! What an A**Ho** Do you instantly think about Ferris Bueller's Day Off when and if you let those guys have it? :scared:

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Yep. I'm pretty anal about it but the wife always shoots me dirty looks, so I typically drop her off at the front door and park my car in the boonies where I feel safe.

Of course, that didn't work at Target the other day when despite me parking way the hell out in the middle of nowhere, I came out to see a shopping cart parked SQUARE in the side of my car leaving a big ass dent right on the kickup on the passenger side!!!!!!!!! MAN I HATE PEOPLE!!!!!

·
Registered
812 Posts
N.E.V.E.R.

Don't ever leave your car with a valet. Ever. Never, ever, ever, never. Not even once. Don't do it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Never....Ever....Valet park. I too drop off the wife at the front door and park the RT a long, long way away...and hike it on in. Happy as hell, even in the rain.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same here! Drop off the wife, and park it myself.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shopping cart to the side??? That's a reason to go if I ever heard one. Whoever did that deserves to be put in the shopping cart and pushed out to the middle of a busy street!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yep. I'm pretty anal about it but the wife always shoots me dirty looks, so I typically drop her off at the front door and park my car in the boonies where I feel safe.

Of course, that didn't work at Target the other day when despite me parking way the hell out in the middle of nowhere, I came out to see a shopping cart parked SQUARE in the side of my car leaving a big ass dent right on the kickup on the passenger side!!!!!!!!! MAN I HATE PEOPLE!!!!!
The last car I gave to a Valet was my Mom's 74 Lincoln Mark VIII that had a Visegrip as a shifter. That was 26 years ago. LOL

As for parking lots with shopping carts I always park at highest elevation possible & with one side protected by a curb no matter what car I'm driving.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,735 Posts
Went to resteraunt where a valet greets you at the lot. I told him nobody's ever driven my car and he said he understood. He directed me where to go and on my way past him, I made it a point to tip him anyway lol. The guy's gotta earn a buck too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I guess nobody frequents big cities? Where they double and triple park you in and have to leave your keys? I can't count the times i've done it. I've never noticed anything shady.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I've been in fights with hotels, I park my own car, my last incident I decided to pull my reservation and called another hotel while standing on front of the hotel manager.

Not saying my car is special, but when the manger saw the car she even admitted I should park my car, discounted the room stay as an apology.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We stayed in a fancy hotel in Chatanooga, Tn a couple years ago, I had a new Toyota Tundra and had to depend on Valet parking. My truck came out with a small dent in the fender. The next night they parked my truck in an open lot across the street and charged me $12. I could have parked in the open lot for $8.....I made a big deal to the manager about not knowing they charged for parking, got a discount on the room and an apologe for the trouble. Didn't know about the dent until I returned home.

·
Registered
208 Posts
No way, wouldnt be able to enjoy myself wherever we are. Not to mention I guarantee my seat would get moved and it takes me about a half hour to get it back to where I like it. I have been parking on the back 40 my whole life, I cant stand cruising a parking lot for a space, its easier to park and walk, and now its damn near mandatory. :)

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Never unless it is a very nice hotel that requires it. And even then I'll be doing all I can to avoid handing the keys over. If anything, I'll be watching the whole way through.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I don't valet my Challenger. Most valet places I go to let you park the car yourself, but I'll take my daily driver to the few that don't.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts