Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am mostly leaning toward a scat pack, but if I can score a srt392 for a good price, I might do that. In my research I came accross the interesting video below. Any validity to what he is saying? Is that true that you cant shut off mds on a srt392? Your thoughts please. Thanks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
MDS is shut off completely in track mode. Otherwise if you get a stickshift you don't have it anyway.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,539 Posts
2015 was the issue with MDS needing Track to disable, on 2016 and newer MDS is disabled in Sport or Track.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
2015 was the issue with MDS needing Track to disable, on 2016 and newer MDS is disabled in Sport or Track.

I guess I never noticed, never kept mine in sport mode. Then I deleted mds anyway when I did the whipple.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
527 Posts

For the 2015 SRT 392's, using full TRACK modes does disable MDS, BUT so does just using the TRACK transmission setting in a custom mode.

The video is right about the TRACK suspension setting being brutal. Its only good on the smoothest of roads or as stated, the track.

I dis-agree w/ the video concerning the TRACK trans setting. There is a definite performance advantage using TRACK mode for the transmission vs SPORT mode.
TRACK mode is just awesome. Performance wise, it gives you everything the A8/392 combo can offer. I use it whenever I'm going on a "spirited" drive. >:)

99% of the time I'm EITHER driving in my default mode (Full STREET) or my custom setting.

Suspension: SPORT
Traction: SPORT
Transmission:TRACK
Steering:STREET

The other 1% of the time I'm still messing around w/ different mode combos. I have just over 4,000 miles on the car now.

In my custom mode the performance of the car is great, the exhaust sound is SUPER, the MDS is off, the ride and handling is acceptable on most secondary roads, and very good on smooth roads.

The only thing is you lose the top O/D gear (8th), while the transmission is in TRACK mode. No problem on back roads/secondary roads, just sucks on the highway.

The 2016 and newer SRT392's will have the MDS off in sport mode. But, if you try it, you may like the TRACK mode for the transmission better anyways.

·
Registered
13,539 Posts
All good points above, on the 8th gear Track lockout that's in automatic mode only, shift to manual and hit the paddle and it will go right into 8th.

My Custom is:

Suspension: STREET
Traction: STREET
Transmission:SPORT
Steering:SPORT

But I run it straight Sport a lot when the roads allow, Track is pretty crazy and I think Sport is just about perfect. Just so many roads down here will beat you up.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Custom for at Track...

Transmission: TRACK
Suspension: SPORT
Steering: SPORT
Traction: TRACK

...and you all know that 2 pushes of the SRT button puts you in Custom Mode...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Jack44
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing