Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in getting a Challenger SE and just wanted to see what the consensus was on the value of the 09 & 10 once the 2011 is released? Do you guys think the resale value will drop or stay about the same? I kind of think it will drop a bit but was just curious what you guys think.

Right now I can find new SE's for just a bit more than a used one, usually within $1500. At that number I would just prefer to purchase a new one.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
I know right now that I cant get no more than $18,000 on trade in at one dealer and $14,000 at another. but yet NADA says if you got one in good condition worth about 25,000 miles on it it is worth about $19,000. so go figure.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Now would probably be the time if you want bottom SE prices, try call around. The 2011 will have some nice changes, but will increase a bit in price, esp if you want colors other than black and silver i believe. Also looks like 2012 may actually see the 8 speed ZF tranny, which will again make people want to upgrade.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My Prognosis for the next 6 Month is:

14.000$ - 17.000$ for a USED 2009 Dodge Challenger, Base Model, low mile-age... a little bit more for the G-Package.
17.000$ - 20.000$ for a USED 2010 Dodge Challenger, Base Model, low mile-age... a little bit more for the G-Package.

·
Registered
23 Posts
^Sounds about right.

Can't wait personally, I'll be jumping at the chance of a low mileage 09 being between 14-17K.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Now would probably be the time if you want bottom SE prices, try call around. The 2011 will have some nice changes, but will increase a bit in price, esp if you want colors other than black and silver i believe. Also looks like 2012 may actually see the 8 speed ZF tranny, which will again make people want to upgrade.
Since black & silver are the most popular colors, won't dealers be less willing to negotiate on them?
Won't these colors slightly hold their value more?

:scratchhead:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Since black & silver are the most popular colors, won't dealers be less willing to negotiate on them?
Won't these colors slightly hold their value more?

:scratchhead:
I'm sure that they will keep a little bit more Value!... a Friend of mine here in germany is car-dealer und he told me that you can sell a black or silver car averaged for 700-1,000€ more! ... Black and Silver are the most popular colors for new cars in germany, too.

Best Regards

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I'm sure that they will keep a little bit more Value!... a Friend of mine here in germany is car-dealer und he told me that you can sell a black or silver car averaged for 700-1,000€ more! ... Black and Silver are the most popular colors for new cars in germany, too.

Best Regards
Danke schön! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I'm interested in getting a Challenger SE and just wanted to see what the consensus was on the value of the 09 & 10 once the 2011 is released? Do you guys think the resale value will drop or stay about the same? I kind of think it will drop a bit but was just curious what you guys think.

Right now I can find new SE's for just a bit more than a used one, usually within $1500. At that number I would just prefer to purchase a new one.

take advantage of the low prices and get a 2010 RT

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I don't think the 09 and 10 R/T are going to lose much valve as they did not change much in the 2011 year. I think the SRT 8 are going to get hit the hardest. That new 392 hemi is just awesome. The SE may also not hold too much value as that new penastar v6 is nice as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts