Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So some punk kids stole two of my valve stem caps. The standard black ones from the Goodyear Eagle tires. I don't know why, but I'm pretty pissed off. You just don't touch someones shit. Anyway, I took two off of my other vehicle just so the bare brass isn't showing. But they are to short. Some brass still shows underneath. Anyone know where I can get some long ones, or some specific for that tire? Thanks again.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
So some punk kids stole two of my valve stem caps. The standard black ones from the Goodyear Eagle tires. I don't know why, but I'm pretty pissed off. You just don't touch someones shit. Anyway, I took two off of my other vehicle just so the bare brass isn't showing. But they are to short. Some brass still shows underneath. Anyone know where I can get some long ones, or some specific for that tire? Thanks again.

I replaced mine with these.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,798 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
There's quite a few sets of long ones on E-Bay, just do a search for "valve stem caps"

·
Registered
202 Posts
I replaced mine with these.

I like those a lot, might have to buy some. But for a guy who is having his stolen I doubt he’s going to want to pay for nicer ones that are more enticing to be stolen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was able to find some on amazon. I’m getting the same plain plastic ones. Getting chrome ones would get stolen faster. Turns out every car on my street got them stolen. Glad it wasn’t just me. Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I was able to find some on amazon. I’m getting the same plain plastic ones. Getting chrome ones would get stolen faster. Turns out every car on my street got them stolen. Glad it wasn’t just me. Thanks for the info guys.

Luckily they only stole the caps and didn’t let out the air too.

·
Registered
643 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I had valve stem caps stolen from me a couple of years ago. I couldn't believe it. I thought, wow, you didn't have the $5 to spend on your own set??

I really think they were stolen just to pi$$ me off, and their plan worked. :frown:

So I did buy the above mentioned set on Ebay to solve my problem. I just want to mentioned, I have also had chrome valve caps in the past. I won't do that again. I had one try to weld itself to the valve stem. A pair of pliers solved that problem, but I'm guessing it's an issue with dissimilar metals. Chrome on brass must not be friends for long??

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
So I did buy the above mentioned set on Ebay to solve my problem. I just want to mentioned, I have also had chrome valve caps in the past. I won't do that again. I had one try to weld itself to the valve stem. A pair of pliers solved that problem, but I'm guessing it's an issue with dissimilar metals. Chrome on brass must not be friends for long??
I had the same issue on my old Ram 1500. I wonder if the cheap Chinese chrome caps are not the issue. I could never get mine off and had to have a new valve stem placed. My dad had chrome caps on his 1986 Camaro and had no issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts