Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 RT A8 & 2013" RT M6
39 Posts
I have 09 RT automatic, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I have the Hemi tick and it has been suggested to me to try the Royal Purple 5/20w oil on my next change. They told me it wont take it completely away but will quiet it down by 75-80% more. So I'm going to try it on my next oil change.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My car is at almost 30000. I did put 5w30 last oil change but it didn't do anything. Basically was wondering if anyone else has the same problem. I do believe that it is the lifters, but I don't want to tear it apart if anyone else has also replaced them and got no results. I would take it to the dealer and have them do it because I do have the warranty, but I would be very unhappy if I got my car back and it was scratched or something. Plus I like to do all my own work if the parts are inexpensive.
I have a 2015 SRT i have one lifter that bleeds off now and then its been to the dealer a couple of times and i get the same response that's normal Hemi engine noise or thats not a lifter when i use to buil i would pump up each lifter be for installing it now and then I would find one that would leak I just would return the one and get a new one if too many were bad just get a whole different set but I am under warranty and I'm going to try like different folks are saying a different brand of oil

·
Premium Member
2009 RT A8 & 2013" RT M6
39 Posts
I have an 09 RT A8, I had that hemi tick, I was running plus gas in her. Someone suggested to put premium gas. I just filled it with premium a couple days ago. My hemi tick has gotten much quieter, I cant hear it in the car no more in which it drove me crazy😊 I only want to hear my roar from the car, not a tick.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts