Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most DMV’s are closed. IIRC, the plates issued need to be surrendered at a local office. I’m inclined to just run the paper temporaries until they expire. I’d love to put the stickers on the TRACPAC, but don’t want to look for trouble. Also anxious to mount the vinyl front plate. Any advice or know shortcuts? Can AAA help with this. Thanks in advance.

Vehicle registration plate Font Automotive exterior Number Auto part
Vehicle registration plate Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle door
Font Text Automotive exterior Banner Advertising

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
868 Posts
My plates arrived right before they closed and they wouldn't let me get them. Dmv actually called me on the phone about a week later to verify and then mailed them to me. I got the black ones. Hung the old ones in the garage.

·
Premium Member
10,518 Posts
If DMV is closed you can’t get a ticket as you had no way to extend anything. It’s all on the state as they are as essential as anything can be and made ZERO provisions to accommodate those in need. I bought a motorcycle privately and have nothing to be able to own or drive it.
My thoughts are think real long and hard when voting as these clowns aren’t helping anyone but themselves.
Pretty interesting that your governors ex wife is Donald Trump Jr’s. girlfriend.
Enjoy showing off your new plates. I never heard of AAA doing anything involving state paperwork.

·
Registered
172 Posts
When I picked up my CA black legacy plates, I had to turn in my original CA plates. This was before CA issued temporary paper plates. I waited almost 6 months for my legacy plates and then had to wait 4 hours at the DMV to pick them up. Best way to order CA legacy plates is to go through AAA. You can also pay your DMV renewal fees and get your new registration sticker at the same time.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,106 Posts
I ordered my plates through the DMV, only to later realize I could have gone through AAA. I got to DMV before it opened and got in line. Was in and out in 10 minutes. This was before the aliens invaded of course...

A Guy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts