Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has been discussed before but I couldn't find it. Is there any way to disable the variable displacement on my 2013 Challenger RT 5.7 Hemi with auto. trans.? I changed exhaust and don't like the sound when this kicks in and don't want to have to shift manually all the time.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
As he said^ a tuner can help you disable the MDS if you don't want to manually shift all the time.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I am sure this has been discussed before but I couldn't find it. Is there any way to disable the variable displacement on my 2013 Challenger RT 5.7 Hemi with auto. trans.? I changed exhaust and don't like the sound when this kicks in and don't want to have to shift manually all the time.
If you are SURE it was discussed, why not search for it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to Mr. know it all 3boystoys

OK Mr know it all 3boystoys, like I said I couldn't find it. I felt sure it was a popular subject. I am sorry to have disturbed you. If this is all you have to do is sit around and criticize some one trying to get information about something. you really should find a hobby to occupy your time. :domotwak:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
OK Mr know it all 3boystoys, like I said I couldn't find it. I felt sure it was a popular subject. I am sorry to have disturbed you. If this is all you have to do is sit around and criticize some one trying to get information about something. you really should find a hobby to occupy your time. :domotwak:
Funny, I searched for "disable MDS" and got lots of threads. Guess that's too complicated.:lol::blockhead:

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
OP, FYI, if you searched using the forum search function, it is not a good search function at all. I have never found anything that way. It seems to list everything chronologically that includes any words you searched for. I have input exact same thread titles and not found it. A much easier way is to google what you want and add the name ChallengerTalk.

I also don't get the petty useless comments that pop up in some threads. Especially when the complaint is a result of the complainer having poor reading comprehension skills.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
At least you tried to search. That's enough in my book. Ignore 3boys...

To answer your original question, a tuner is the best way to shut down MDS. Plus a tune, even a canned tune, will greatly improve the feel and drivability of an auto RT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts