Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 challenger replaced the battery last weekend after I did that the rear defrost light started flashing. I read that it had to do with the climate control system running a test and to fix it I had to pull some fuses #14,42 & 43 in the trunk so I did that last night and this morning I remote started the car drove to work parked it turned it off and it gave me a quick message vehicle not in park and the radio wouldn’t turn off unless I went to ignition mode and turned the car back off from there also my keyfob is not working only the panic button the car doesn’t lock from the inside or the outside however the car does start and turns off... has anyone had this problem before or knows of a fix?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,024 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Could it be coincidence that your P/N switch failed? Although if you keyfob is not working it could be WIN module issue. Have read a couple of posts where folks replaced their battery and shortly after their keyfob would not work. Unfortunately there usually is no followup as to what the issue was.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum!

Could it be coincidence that your P/N switch failed? Although if you keyfob is not working it could be WIN module issue. Have read a couple of posts where folks replaced their battery and shortly after their keyfob would not work. Unfortunately there usually is no followup as to what the issue was.
[/QUOTE
The car won’t lock/unlock or pop the trunk when it’s off..but I can remote start it or start it like normal with the start/stop button then the key fob starts working again

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,024 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery cables and then touch them together so the volatile memory in the modules reset. Also if you have not already...replace the battery in the fob. Otherwise you might want to take it to the dealer so they can verify the fob is communicating with the WIN module correctly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try disconnecting the battery cables and then touch them together so the volatile memory in the modules reset. Also if you have not already...replace the battery in the fob. Otherwise you might want to take it to the dealer so they can verify the fob is communicating with the WIN module correctly.
I’ve already done that but nothing still. I did check the fuses and some were not getting power when the car was off.
Fuse 4,5 & 6 from the hood getting no power
Fuse 27, 28, 29, 39, 40 & 41 in the trunk getting no power when the car is off but they all work when the car is on

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,024 Posts
Some fuses rely on a relay to receive power, such as fuse 39 (heated mirrors) which does not see power until the defogger relay is activated. Similarly fuse 6 (coils/injectors) won't receive power unless ignition is on.

Just spit balling here, but have you tried starting the car using the fob as a key? Reason I ask is because if the WIN module is not seeing a park switch input it will not let you turn the key in the lock position and essentially trap the key in the ignition when you go to turn off the car. If this happens then the gated park switch is faulty or the Transmission Range Sensor is faulty or out of adjustment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some fuses rely on a relay to receive power, such as fuse 39 (heated mirrors) which does not see power until the defogger relay is activated. Similarly fuse 6 (coils/injectors) won't receive power unless ignition is on.

Just spit balling here, but have you tried starting the car using the fob as a key? Reason I ask is because if the WIN module is not seeing a park switch input it will not let you turn the key in the lock position and essentially trap the key in the ignition when you go to turn off the car. If this happens then the gated park switch is faulty or the Transmission Range Sensor is faulty or out of adjustment.
View attachment 978489
Yes I started it with the keyfob today nothing changed I also noted the lights inside the car don’t come on when you open the door unless to car is on... it’s like it’s not getting power from somewhere when the car is off because everything is normal when I turn it on

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,024 Posts
Yes I started it with the keyfob today nothing changed I also noted the lights inside the car don’t come on when you open the door unless to car is on... it’s like it’s not getting power from somewhere when the car is off because everything is normal when I turn it on
Strange, it almost sounds like a relay is energized after the PCM verifies the engine is running. Or the alternator is supplying power to those circuits where as the battery is not?

I am not too familiar with the interior lighting on pre-2015 models but according to the wiring diagram, the courtesy lights grab power through either the accessory delay relay (lights near grab handles) or instrument cluster (driver courtesy). Although I think the accessory delay relay works by cutting power to circuits after a set time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Strange, it almost sounds like a relay is energized after the PCM verifies the engine is running. Or the alternator is supplying power to those circuits where as the battery is not?

I am not too familiar with the interior lighting on pre-2015 models but according to the wiring diagram, the courtesy lights grab power through either the accessory delay relay (lights near grab handles) or instrument cluster (driver courtesy). Although I think the accessory delay relay works by cutting power to circuits after a set time.
View attachment 978493
Could it be that I might have a bad relay? I don’t know how to check those . I’ve heard some people say I need a new ignition switch cause of the vehicle not in park message. It’s weird because when I push the button to go into accessory or ignition mode it would display it on the cluster but it doesn’t display it now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts