Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We'll my OEM Firestone Firehawk GT had about a 2-3K miles left on them and with winter here and rain season starting (if we're lucky) in So Cal. I figured CyberMonday would be a good time to shop for tires.

I ended up finding these Vercelli Strada II P245/45ZR-20 for $300 for the whole set with Delivery (Installed by Costco for $70). W Speed Rating with a 103 Load Index.

https://simpletire.com/vercelli-p245-45zr20-vc320-tires

I've already gone 500 miles on these wheels and all I can say is WOW, great ride on the road with no noise (at least I can't tell because of the solo cat-back).

My OEM Firestone Firehawk GT are suppose to be rating for 50k but I only had 40k miles on the car at best I would of gotten 43k out of them. If these Vercelli tires get me 30k miles i'd be more then happy to buy another set compared to the $$$$ that would be needed to be spent for firestone.

also, I've driven on Continental when I had my BMW.... Having now driven on these Vercelli Tires I would have no issue swopping out the Continental for these.

·
Super Moderator
14,221 Posts
Keep us advised how they perform, especially in wet weather, after you get more miles on them.

Generally, cheap Chinese tires are prone to vibrations, bulges and blow-outs. Hope these work out for you.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,865 Posts
For the price, would be nice cheap burnout tires (that is if they don't blow apart) on stock rims that most people have sitting in the garage after wheel upgrades.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep us advised how they perform, especially in wet weather, after you get more miles on them.

Generally, cheap Chinese tires are prone to vibrations, bulges and blow-outs. Hope these work out for you.

Interesting article on where tires are made.... https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/tires/where-are-tires-made

Most of the review on the site from the OP have been pretty stellar, but this is a new tire that just hit the street this year, so the long term reviews will be interesting...

·
Registered
116 Posts
looks like a decent all season thread pattern that would be better in rain than most of the summer performance types. Looks likely a directional type as well. Half the price of my recent BFG all seasons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts