Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last week I had Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3 255/45ZR20 tires installed on my 2012 RT.

The factory Goodyear F1 245/45ZR20 tires have been good for me, with over 21,000 miles (no burnouts or track). I even thought they were OK when wet although Southern California rain isn't very challenging. I was going to try and run the stock tires through summer since the wear was absolutely flat across the tread (except both right tires wear slightly faster than the left).

HOWEVER when I pulled the wheels last week to clean the insides before the install, I saw that all four tires had multiple (4+) significant inner sidewall cracks! The outer sidewalls were perfect. Probably most drivers wear these tires out before they age out. Still I'm shocked, because this is a conservatively driven always garaged Southern California car with less than 2 years on the tires. Always ran the tires at 34psi cold.

Side note, the 255 Michelins were actually cheaper than the 245s. There was a little drama when the installer showed me how close the stock tires come to the front suspension arm, like about 0.25". However, the clearance seemed almost the same with the 255's and I know many forum members are running 255's all around.

Very happy with the new tires. Grip seems equal or better, and they are quieter and more comfortable than the F1's. Also they track less road sand into the garage and I don't hear road debris pinging up into the wheel wells as much. Highly recommended.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
I hate Goodyear tires! You did good.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts