Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just read a thread about a dash gauge kit.i click on the video and now my computer has seem to have picked up a virus.the gauges said insane 426.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
I watched the same video, it was from photobucket. Its HIGHLY doubtful that video is what caused your problem. Whats goin on with your computer?

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it keeps making a small "burp" sound.the video was trying to down load and kept skipping and the sound stayed on my computer.i have a mac and these things are supposed to be virus free,but if someone is going to get a viruson one of these, it will definitely be me.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
It may have been a hijacked banner ad too. I've seen google ads hijacked and replaced with malware. Usually AVG Free catches it if I miss it.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Try control-clicking on safari, or whatever other browser you use and quit it completely. Maybe its just a script that keeps trying to run. That should take care of it. Otherwise, a restart will do the trick. Its not a virus its just a little hiccup in your browser/computer from trying to read it. Think more along the lines of a software glitch.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i put a dvd in this mac and it stopped the noise,thank god.i was about to smash this dang thing.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Yeah it seems like it was a bad script, sometimes it takes another program to take over 'control' of the sound card for it to end.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
That is my video. I took it with my own video camera and posted it last year on my photobucket account. I'm not aware of any virus issues with it. I just played it and had no issues.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Pretty sure it was probably an add for a Mustang that did it. Call Ford.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Thats "insane"! Glad you got it working! Where is GSO when you need him

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
It may have been a hijacked banner ad too. I've seen google ads hijacked and replaced with malware. Usually AVG Free catches it if I miss it.
A small word of advice: I work in the technical field for a major computer manufacturer & I strongly suggest not using AVG. The amount of malicious applications that get past it is a much higher percentile than most other security products.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
You're using Internet Explorer aren't you? :p, and yeah I don't like AVG either, personally for a free virus protection, Avast has always been my favorite.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
it keeps making a small "burp" sound.the video was trying to down load and kept skipping and the sound stayed on my computer.i have a mac and these things are supposed to be virus free,but if someone is going to get a viruson one of these, it will definitely be me.
Macs are not imune to virus infections. People just don't write a Virus for a platform with such low market penetration. It doesn't make them any money. There are plenty of vulnerabilities that COULD be exploited should anyone want to. Same applies to Linux and all the other specific sever OSes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts