Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, long time lurker here. I was wondering if anyone hear of having all 4 resonators instead of mid mufflers and rear resonators?

·
Premium Member
5,679 Posts
Hi everyone, long time lurker here. I was wondering if anyone hear of having all 4 resonators instead of mid mufflers and rear resonators?
Welcome from Alabama. 1794's are not resonators. If you replace your's with them, you could introduce "drone". IMO.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I meant to write "all 4 vibrant 1794's"
I understand how it could cause drone and a mild headache in the cabin but I'd still like to learn more about this.

·
Premium Member
5,679 Posts
I understood you. Still won't work. IMO. Messing with your factory resonators seldom ends well from what I have seen here. But good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I understood you. Still won't work. IMO. Messing with your factory resonators seldom ends well from what I have seen here. But good luck.
Yep- I tried to "outsmart" the muffler Gods and ended up going back to a (mostly) stock system. I took off the rear resonator and replaced the mid muffler with an after market "straight through" system. It sounded great at idle, killer at acceleration but nasty ass drone between 60-75.

I found a set of Scat Pack resonators and put them back on, leaving the after market mid mufflers. I did not loose much (if anything) except the drone. No regrets going back to basic.

Contrary to what a lot of people say, the factory OEM system is really pretty squared away.

·
Premium Member
5,679 Posts
Yes, just like the 392, Dodge knows what it is doing!

Reactions: Cuda340

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T
485 Posts
First off 1794s ARE resonators. That being said I would have to believe that it would be pretty loud and my experience for drone it's best to keep factory resonators, from my experience with a few cars from different manufacturers, they really do seem to knock out drone. Last weekend I replaced my mid mufflers on my 5.7 with 1794s. Louder and no drone. I'm glad I did it.

Really doubt you'll be happy with all 4 but people like things I don't... yeah I know I find it hard to believe myself :p

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
1,602 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky! I like many, gave some thought to changing my stock exhaust just because. After reading quite a bit on this site, and driving countless hours in my car, I elected to leave it alone. It sounds good in the car and must sound good going down the road because it gets its share of attention. Good luck with what you decide to do.👍

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Getting a pair of 1794's welded on my 15 SRT 392 on Monday. I also recently installed the inactive exhaust module from zautomotive which already has made a huge difference to how the car sounds.
The idea of welding on 4 instead of 2 got me thinking, what if. Because 4 is better than 2....right? Also, drone is indeed a deal breaker for most of us, are the vibrants any better at preventing drone inside the car? I've only read online forums and watched YouTube videos about them and so far I've learned that mid-muffler swapped with the vibrants sound pretty much stock-ish while cruising except when you push the pedal to the floor and idling.

·
Registered
2021 Daytona 392
165 Posts
Start with the mid muffler swap to the Vibrants first and see how you like it

Removing the rears does usually introduce drone, but it all depends on YOUR tolerance

·
Premium Member
5,679 Posts
I'll update tomorrow how I like it. Doing just the mid muffler swap with vibrant's first.
Can't wait to see what you think. Considering the same thing but afraid it won't be loud enough. Still too close to stock. I'm wanting this thing to TALK! But w/o the raspiness I have heard from Race Bullets.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can't wait to see what you think. Considering the same thing but afraid it won't be loud enough. Still too close to stock. I'm wanting this thing to TALK! But w/o the raspiness I have heard from Race Bullets.
I really don't want to be loud. I just want it to be a bit meaner and deeper when WOT. Stock is just a little too polite. I'll update what I think, I should have an opinion by noon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So my SRT sounds exactly how I wanted it to. Really impressed with the vibrants. Introduced a negligible amount of drone inside the car at low rpm. At highway speeds the car sounds stock inside and outside. Down shifts are meaner, WOT is when the vibrants actually show their quality... No raspiness... A clean, deep and mean growl. Startup and idle are a little louder and meaner. Really happy with the install. I'm keeping it as is, no vibrants X4 😂

·
Premium Member
5,679 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. After hearing a car with the Dyno Max Mini Race Bullets I bought I felt it was too raspy at higher RPM's. Think I am going to sell those and order the Vibrants. If you get a chance to record a video/audio, would love to hear the sound. (y)

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat / 2022 Challenger Redeye Widebody
122 Posts
I've always preferred the Vibrant 1793s. They're even lower in tone than the 1794.

·
Premium Member
5,679 Posts
I've always preferred the Vibrant 1793s. They're even lower in tone than the 1794.
Are they louder? That's my only concern with the 1794's. That they won't be loud enough.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Now I'm wondering if it is possible to fit another set of vibrants in there somewhere without getting rid of the rear resonators :unsure::unsure::sneaky::sneaky::cool::cool:

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat / 2022 Challenger Redeye Widebody
122 Posts
Are they louder? That's my only concern with the 1794's. That they won't be loud enough.
I haven't tested them for decibel. However, the 1793s are lower in pitch than the 1794. Higher pitched sounds often "seem" louder, but the sound doesn't travel as far. The lower pitched 1793s can be heard 50ft-100ft further away than the 1794.

I would wager that the 1794s are slightly "louder" due to them being a smaller muffler. The sound quality and resonance is better with the 1793 to my ear though. That being said, I am ordering an AWE catback for my 2022 Redeye.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts