Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently had a 4 wheel alignment to fix a vibration I was getting when I reached speeds of 65-80 mph, and because my driver side tire was completely worn on the outside portion. I replaced the front two tires as well.

The problem is I took my SRT8 on the highway today (2 days after alignment) and once I got up to 65-70 I started getting a pretty intense vibration again and the vibration was even more noticeable as I went faster (obviously).

Anyone else expierence this? I know they did the alignment cause I watched them do it. The car only has 14500 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Maybe you need to rebalanced the tires.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You got hosed.... You CAN NOT DO A FOUR WHEEL ALIGMENT ON A SRT!!!! Ther is no aligment adjustment other than toe in/out, UNLESS you have installed the the aftermarket caster camber kits. An aligment job would have no effect on a vibration. Your tires being out of balance would though.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
If it's a reputable company, they should rebalance it for free since they didn't do it correctly in the first place. I had a problem where the guys didn't balance the wheels correctly (according to them the chrome plated stock RT wheels have a different balance process) but they did it for free.

·
Registered
34 Posts
As the others said,an alignment will not get rid of the vibrations you are feeling,you need to find a shop with the "Hunter Road Force Balancing machine" especially on the SRT8's with the Goodyear runflats,it simulates running on the road with a load on the wheel and is the most accurate tire balance you can get. Also these run flats are notorius for 70mph shimmy and sometimes have to be repositioned on the wheel or even replaced...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts