Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Scat Pack
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner of a Scat Pack, 6-speed manual, closing in on one week. Love the car and, similar to what another recent purchaser posted, at least a 10-year wait for me while I was distracted by more mundane transportation.

I've only ever driven one other Challenger, a non-Scat Pack R/T 6-speed a few months back. Knowing that the 392 is a different beast, I'm noting that chassis vibration over 3500 RPM is significantly greater, felt in the floor and clutch pedal. The car is totally smooth and highway speed however. Sound about right or should I be looking at engine/trans mounts etc.?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
253 Posts
What year? How many miles? Tires in good shape?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
253 Posts
IMO you should be taking a brand new car back to the dealership for any issueS, whether it's a vibration you are unsure of or if trim pieces are damaged.

It's a brand-new car and is covered by a bumper to bumper warranty.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Scat Pack
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks-- just looking for a point of reference with owners in preparation for the usual "They all do that" statement from the dealer.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
253 Posts
Yeah I get it. I have a 2015 SRT but it's an automatic but I don't have any chassis vibrations in mine.

I wonder if any of it may because it's new and things have settled broke in so to speak. Rubber bushings and what not may soften up and absorb some of the vibration.

Just a random thought.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Probably a rear tire out of balance or runout issue. Could also be a driveline imbalance. Let the dealer sort it out. That is what your warranty is for.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Take it straight back to the dealer. Explain,make sure they can reproduce the problem. They will figure it out. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts