Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 r/t classic.. there is a vibration at about 70mph. I have heard about a TSB for a vibration, what exactly is the TSB for.. anyone with information please and thank you. BTW the alignment and tires are balanced and within factor specs.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
When I had new tires put on, they didn't balance mine correctly and the problem didn't show until after it hit between 60 and 70. Perhaps that's the problem?

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
I have a similar vibration happening at 120 km. I have F1s on 20" rims. I noticed it the first time I took it to speed.

I also had investigated and found a TSB about vibration related to fasteners but the dealer checked it against my VIN and it was N/A - so a dead end.

Service advisor at the dealer said they are factory balanced but only to normal highway speed - whatever the heck that means - and suggested Road Force balancing may be required - problem is they do not have the equipment. Other local dealers do so I will investigate with them.

Would be interested to know what you learn.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I think most if not all challengers have this problem, no matter what model you have. Call Ryan at stack performance, they make a cross member brace that just about eliminates the vibration completely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone tell me what is causing this 70mph wheel shake and how to fix it? It is driving me crazy!
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Guess I'm lucky, as my car is smooth as glass at all speeds.
20" Goodrich G-Force tires.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I think most if not all challengers have this problem, no matter what model you have. Call Ryan at stack performance, they make a cross member brace that just about eliminates the vibration completely.
I remember when I bought my brand new '90 Miata it did the same thing at 65 mph. Ended up installing a rear cross brace, solved the problem when nothing else would. Beginning in '93 they were installed from the factory.

No problem with the Challenger though.

·
Super Moderator
14,135 Posts
I am not aware of any TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) regarding a vibration problem. If its not warped brake rotors, you should check the following:

1. Insure that your tires are in spec. roundness wise with a dial indicator. (F1s are problematic).

2. Confirm that the small metal clips that the factory uses to hold the rotors on during the assembly line process are all removed from all 4 rotors.

3. Insure that all the lug nuts properly torqued.

4. Get a road force balance (see link below).

Hunter GSP9700 Wheel Vibration Control System

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
I am not aware of any TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) regarding a vibration problem. If its not warped brake rotors, you should check the following:

1. Insure that your tires are in spec. roundness wise with a dial indicator. (F1s are problematic).

2. Confirm that the small metal clips that the factory uses to hold the rotors on during the assembly line process are all removed from all 4 rotors.

3. Insure that all the lug nuts properly torqued.

4. Get a road force balance (see link below).

Hunter GSP9700 Wheel Vibration Control System
1 - Possibility - will check with #4 below..

2 - The TSB was for this (previously found it on this forum somewhere) - some funny name for the factory fasteners - already checked and does not apply to my vehicle as per TSB + VIN (but who knows)

3 - too easy :scratchhead:

4 - Already onto the Road Force thing - not all dealers have the equipment but found one I have dealt with who are good so - its in the works.

If it is not a tire/wheel issue then it will begin to get interesting - or painful :icon_evil:

Wil post findings!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts