Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These came up not too long ago, Looks to be a better quality than the ones from AVS, but just wanna know you guys thoughts on them?
Also looks like no cutting is required?
Link

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,864 Posts
That photo is a fake.

I'd like to see it mounted on a real car. Also, I wonder if they off it for the rears only.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,726 Posts
Are you sure that pic is definitely a fake? I'm not sure why they wouldn't want show a real one? One way or the other, I actually like the look depicted better than Dodge's offering. Looks pretty badass.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,864 Posts
Are you sure that pic is definitely a fake? I'm not sure why they wouldn't want show a real one? One way or the other, I actually like the look depicted better than Dodge's offering. Looks pretty badass.
Yes, 100%. Pretty good render, but it's just barely still in the uncanny valley.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,232 Posts
Yes, 100%. Pretty good render, but it's just barely still in the uncanny valley.
I have to agree. At first, I was really liking how it looked, but when you use the link the OP provided and look at the various Challengers shown, there's a suspicious "glitch" showing up in each front and rear body panel seam.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,726 Posts
Yeah, you're probably right. Now that I look at that orange one, I don't even know what color that actually is. Maybe it's the fluorescent lighting effect on GoMango? Dunno, even though I own one.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I think every picture I've seen of this add-on fender flares were photoshopped.

At one point, I sent the company an email asking if they'd like to use my car as a guinea pig and "marketing tool" for the "base model" versions (at no cost to me, of course!) - never heard back. :)

The cost for the flares isn't too bad (~$400), but then you need to get them painted and installed. You are probably looking at over $1k minimum (probably more). That is a lot of money to invest without ever even seeing an actual picture of them installed. I'm honestly not even sure how they'd look with factory wheels/tires. It may look "funny" because the wheels don't stick out far enough. I did put SXT wheels on my GT, so they do stick out further than normal, so they may look ok in my case, really not sure....

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,726 Posts
I think every picture I've seen of this add-on fender flares were photoshopped.

At one point, I sent the company an email asking if they'd like to use my car as a guinea pig and "marketing tool" for the "base model" versions (at no cost to me, of course!) - never heard back. :)

The cost for the flares isn't too bad (~$400), but then you need to get them painted and installed. You are probably looking at over $1k minimum (probably more). That is a lot of money to invest without ever even seeing an actual picture of them installed. I'm honestly not even sure how they'd look with factory wheels/tires. It may look "funny" because the wheels don't stick out far enough. I did put SXT wheels on my GT, so they do stick out further than normal, so they may look ok in my case, really not sure....
You'd have to drive your car to China where they're most likely drop shipped from.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
You'd have to drive your car to China where they're most likely drop shipped from.
:) No, the plan was simply to have them shipped to me, I'd get them painted and then I would "show them off" on the forums (and, of course, they would use the pictures on their site as well). I actually offered to pay to get them painted and installed myself if they sent me a set for free.

I contacted the company directly (Ikon Motorsports) - not the Ebay seller. Ikon Motorsports is actually in CA - I'm assuming they have stock there. Maybe someone from CA can see if they are interested. I really do think that it would really help their sales if someone actually had them installed so that other users could see what they really look like. Unless, of course, they actually look like crap when installed (which is entirely possible).

More people would be willing to buy a set if they could see what they look like in real life (if they looked good). I really wasn't sure if they would be interested or not. It was worth a shot though. :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you have to question a photo of a product that’s a problem. Why screw around with China made junk or some back yard wanna be manufacturer. If you want a wide body kit what’s wrong with ordering from Dodge? It’s OEM parts that is guaranteed to fit. Trying to save money might cost you more money in the long run. I don’t care for after market parts. The brake rotors in the photo look worn out to me. My thoughts only.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,864 Posts
If you have to question a photo of a product that’s a problem. Why screw around with China made junk or some back yard wanna be manufacturer. If you want a wide body kit what’s wrong with ordering from Dodge? It’s OEM parts that is guaranteed to fit. Trying to save money might cost you more money in the long run. I don’t care for after market parts. The brake rotors in the photo look worn out to me. My thoughts only.
Not sure what you're talking about MOPAR doesn't offer any such things and the flares on the widebodies need custom fenders.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The fenders are not custom. They are cut out and holes are drilled for the flares. Nothing custom there. Moparts coming soon to a dealership near you, Lol, all part numbers are listed in these kits and msrp pricing. P/N SRTDEMONPKG or SRTDMNFLARE.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,864 Posts
The fenders are not custom. They are cut out and holes are drilled for the flares. Nothing custom there. Moparts coming soon to a dealership near you, Lol, all part numbers are listed in these kits and msrp pricing. P/N SRTDEMONPKG or SRTDMNFLARE.
I'll believe it when they're out.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Hmm, I would certainly consider cutting and drilling my fenders a "customization". :) The whole point of these add-on flares was that it would be an inexpensive way to add fender flares for the look (not the function) without modifying or replacing any existing parts - in a "DIY" way. Once you start talking about cutting and drilling fenders (or replacing fenders), it's no longer an inexpensive mod for the DIY'er.

I can only imagine the cost involved to replace the fenders, paint them, etc. Just not worth it at that point.

We're not talking about a small difference in price between the two methods...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts