Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought to you by Atlantic Autosport and Speedlogix. Sorry for the lack of HEMI audio awesomeness - our outside cameras got nothing but wind noise. We're testing again next week and I promise we'll do a better job of letting you hear the beast. We cut the mufflers off too, that'll help.

Anyway, hope y'all enjoy it - we had a good time making it!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I have a question for you. How do you go about braking/shifting? I find it nearly impossible to heel toe brake or even side foot brake with the stock pedal setup. Are my feet just too big? Well, that would be two questions. :lol:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a question for you. How do you go about braking/shifting? I find it nearly impossible to heel toe brake or even side foot brake with the stock pedal setup. Are my feet just too big? Well, that would be two questions. :lol:
I wear size 11.5 and didn't have any trouble heel-toe shifting although I was wearing driving shoes. The only trouble I had was the low brake pedal position, but that's not too uncommon.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Note to self:

Get driving shoes........

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger SRT in BSP
440 Posts
I'm betting that color is Billet. Anyone confirm?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mikah,
Next time you guys head to CMP, let us know...we'd love to watch you guys run the Beast!!!:banger:
Planning to be there next Wednesday (12th) with gutted car on race tires. I'll confirm as we get closer - still need to scare up some 18x10 wheels that'll fit over SRT brakes!

Would love to have y'all come out and partake of the fun!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Brought to you by Atlantic Autosport and Speedlogix. Sorry for the lack of HEMI audio awesomeness - our outside cameras got nothing but wind noise. We're testing again next week and I promise we'll do a better job of letting you hear the beast. We cut the mufflers off too, that'll help.
Awesome video Mikah! So here comes the questions:

So what did your think of the stock SRT8 in terms of body roll, understeer, and overall cornering?

How were the brakes under prolonged track usage?

How did the car handle bumps while cornering? Any hopping?

7,359 Posts
I love this stuff!!

Great video and production the engine noise would make for a perfect soundtrack.
You cut those corners perfectly and from the looks of things your not fighting the wheel that bad =minimal body roll.Damn I wish I could hear the tire screaming for dear life :)

OP if you dont mind me asking.
What was the coarse length?
Look's like a great track great pavement and corner skirts. Dude you pinned every corner skirt from what I had seen have you driven there before ?

Funny thing is many dont know,but these cars are on rails at the road corses more members here should auto cross with a good rear spolier that actully works one could have a blast out there.Slap on a strut brace front and rear,maybe some sub frame connectors and have a big ole smile on your face.

One thing caught my eye did you adjust the film speed a bit in editing ?
If so its all good as its a smooth edit buddy love the cam setup you used what was it??
Keep it up this is what these car actully do best IMO!
Kick some pony car ass!

No hijack intended however I wanted to adress something surrounding this topic.
IE: Speedy thats the kind of event to have an a gathering your Rt is set up alot like Jeffs IMO youd kick butt on the road coarse with that boost!
Hell a large parking lot with cones and some bad azz cars that could make for a great daytime event then drags at night.
Id like to see more road track driving and will do my share mid summer here in Mi locally this year as last year was a wash.
We have a great track Gingerman Raceway 15 mins from my house so I have no candy azz excuse not to ge there and wring out the ole girl next summer a bit.
Thanks a heap for sharing this with us all!

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Planning to be there next Wednesday (12th) with gutted car on race tires. I'll confirm as we get closer - still need to scare up some 18x10 wheels that'll fit over SRT brakes!

Would love to have y'all come out and partake of the fun!
Mikah,
I'll let the guys know when you guys are coming back to CMP...unfortunately I'll be in Baltimore for work till Thursday....but I'll catch you guys next time...so keep us posted!
:thumbsup:

I love this stuff!!

OP if you dont mind me asking.
What was the coarse length?
Look's like a great track great pavement and corner skirts. Dude you pinned every corner skirt from what I had seen have you driven there before ?
Here's a link to CMP...top notch road course and motor sports park.
Carolina MotorSports Park

7,359 Posts
Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just searched that track its a drivers cream dream!
TY for that bump 426!
That track and events may be a reason to buy a trailer soon :browsmiley:
Salute to the OP for sharing this with us all.

Mikah,
I'll let the guys know when you guys are coming back to CMP...unfortunately I'll be in Baltimore for work till Thursday....but I'll catch you guys next time...so keep us posted!
:thumbsup:

Here's a link to CMP...top notch road course and motor sports park.
Carolina MotorSports Park

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Glad you guys like the video! It wasn't me driving, it was Mike Skeen. He will be one of our two drivers for this car during the GRAND-AM season and is a professional race driver. He hits his marks right on every time.

Some thoughts on the handling of the car:

- Lap times were significantly quicker than expected - the 3 seconds mentioned in the video is about spot on
- Body roll was significant, but the car didn't get upset by it. We will be running a very large front swaybar to try to minimize the roll factor.
- We expected (based on 54% front weight distribution) push at turn-in and loose on exit. In general, that's what we got but the turn in was fairly balanced although not crisp
- The car put power down very well exiting the turns - the new rear suspension design for 2011 really helps the car hook up. One of the Goodyear engineers said while testing this car in Texas that it drove like it was 500 pounds lighter than it is - I would agree with that assessment.
- Brakes held up pertty well, but we only got in 9 hot laps before we corded the left rear (inside) tire. We had to run the tires way over-pressure to keep them from rolling over too much, and that was a contributing factor. The brakes are strong although the ABS kicks in early and often

So, next week's test will be a much lighter car on 18" race rubber, we're all anxious to see how differently it reacts.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mikah,
Bummer you can't make it out. Our mulligan date is Jan 22nd if weather or logistics make next Wednesday a no-go, I will let you know for sure as soon as we do.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts