Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Wow, that baby is LOUD!!!! Love the lope at idle, I bet you get a ton of compliments!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you have a baseline dyno?
I know I should have but they dyno was at another location and I just wanted to get this done asap. Im being told that other 392's dyno here at around 405-410 so it may read a little lower. But after calling a few ahopw this cam is supposed to be good for about an extra 50hp. I probably would have seen an extra 10hp with long tubes but i didnt want to spend the extra cash since i know it would sound almost the same.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
agreed very nice!

OP- how is this power?
The weather down here has not been to good so i haven't had much of a chance to really test it out. As soon as it gets warmer i plan on taking it down to the track to see.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Thats FANTASTIC!!! What a GREAT sound!!!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Which Cam?

Which cam? I've been doing some checking with Com Cams and am trying to decide which unit to go with
266, 270 or the 274, I'm leaning towards the 270.

David

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Who tuned it and how is the drivability? Johan tuned my 274 cam on my 5.7. I took it to 4 shops before going to him...This is a hard cam to tune. Mine sounds amazing with the cutouts open but yours seems to have a little more lope. Sounds great!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey John I have to say your car sounds sick, it's the best sounding challenger I have heard yet. I just ordered the SLP LM1 and now hearing your car Im thinking of doing the cams. Did you have any problems getting passed inspections. Anyway hope to see you soon to hear your car in person.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey John I have to say your car sounds sick, it's the best sounding challenger I have heard yet. I just ordered the SLP LM1 and now hearing your car Im thinking of doing the cams. Did you have any problems getting passed inspections. Anyway hope to see you soon to hear your car in person.
Hey whats up, I havent needed an inspection yet but im not expecting any problems when I do get it. if it wasnt for the inspection i would just go and have the cats removed and maybe do headers but i hear that i will fail inspection if i disable the 02sensors. The tuning has been a real pain also. I have already had to bring it back a few times to tweak the tune, im hoping that when i bring it in this week its finally resolved.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
Which cam? I've been doing some checking with Com Cams and am trying to decide which unit to go with
266, 270 or the 274, I'm leaning towards the 270.

David

David, I think its listed at the beginning of the video........ Comp Cam 201-428-17 .......... . :5: ..... BTW OP the idle sounds awesome. Post up some more info on the install and track results when the weather allows.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts