Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Started after doing Eibach pro kit springs/struts/shocks. Everything rides perfect and fine but this clanking I started noticing with the windows down.

Here is the video of it:

I pulled off the wheel and checked all the nuts and bolts, nothing was loose. Exhaust hangers were tightened down good. Stabilizer bushings looked good. Cant figure out what is making this noise at all

·
Registered
167 Posts
That sounds like bushing noise to me. More of squeek and not a clank. Check all the pivot points. You can try lubing them with a vegetable based lubricant that won't deteriorate the rubber bushings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds like bushing noise to me. More of squeek and not a clank. Check all the pivot points. You can try lubing them with a vegetable based lubricant that won't deteriorate the rubber bushings.
Yeah it starts out as squeaking and then that metal on metal sound starts. Any brand of lube you recommend?

It looks like the driver side spring is rotated around compared to the passenger side one that isnt making noise so I might just drop it out and redo it to see if that helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After removing the wheel probably 5-6 times and checking things I figured it out!

It was the rear inner brake pad that was rattling over bumps. I think I must have jostled it during the suspension work.

When I did the brake job appx 20k miles ago I didnt replace the rattle clips. Going to order some fresh ones from MOPAR and reapply brake quiet all around to give them a freshening up

Hope this helps for anyone that searches their issue and gets this thread as a result

1 - 4 of 4 Posts