Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this video is in Spanish, but the 1080 HD footage of the Granite Hellcat driving around and parked is amazing.

1:24 to 1:33 mark is a nice angle shot.

Just skip it when hes talking. But in my opinion, knowing Spanish, this guy has the most elaborate, detailed, on-point review I have seen so far for the Hellcat. He delves into the finer points of the design changes like no other video. I just wish it was in English. I think he is from Peru and absolutely loves this car.

Also, some M6 track footage at the end, not driven too hard though.

Enjoy:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm torn because now it is between the black/black-wheel Hellcat combo and the Granite/black-wheel/satin-black-hood Hellcat combo.

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
I'm torn because now it is between the black/black-wheel Hellcat combo and the Granite/black-wheel/satin-black-hood Hellcat combo.
Greatttttt....

I was all set on black and now you show me this.....lol

The Granite looks incredible....I like how it gives just a bit of contrast as opposed to the pitch black, but its still menacingly dark.....

This is going to be a last second decision for me now......TorRed is also still in the running but it's slipping hard.......
Thanks for the Video!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I like how it gives just a bit of contrast as opposed to the pitch black, but its still menacingly dark.....
^ on point. Its dark enough to still maintain an aggressive serious appearance, but allows the contrast of the black wheels, dark front grill, spoiler, and subtle black accents all around, and those brembos just pop out like never before.

I wonder what it would also look like with a satin black hood.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I love during the burnout at the 10 second mark, you can see tire smoke being extracted through one of the hood vents!

Also, I am sure that even if this car set no performance records, it would set the record for "most rubber burned up by automotive reporters".

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
raceheart; totally, totally, totally.

We get a bunch of wing nuts trying to out-squawk each other, and none of them put the effort in to do a complete review of a brand new model.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Izzy,

You have have to translate for us! The granite is pretty awesome looking! I am ready to sell my 2012 Blue Streak Pearl SRT8, Air Force colors.

BKuz

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Izzy,

You have have to translate for us! The granite is pretty awesome looking! I am ready to sell my 2012 Blue Streak Pearl SRT8, Air Force colors.

BKuz
Yeah I know. I thought about a translation. It is a very eloquent, professional, and well composed review.

However, my Senior Design UCF Engineering project document is due next week and really don't have the time.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yes! Great video. I too, think I would love the Granite/black satin hood combo. Haven't seen it yet.

I really appreciated the track video. He seems to be an experienced road course driver getting to know the track and car.

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Thats passion there. Ive had some traslated. lollol I agree from what Im being told anyway as I dont speak it. Just listened to alot.
FT

·
Registered
51 Posts
From watching the video it seemed like he was not an overly experienced track driver but either he was great at heel toe or the stick car does rev matching on downshifts too. I find it hard to heel toe these cars. The again, I was never good at it in he first place. Has anyone commented on whether or not the manual cars will do rev matching?

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
From watching the video it seemed like he was not an overly experienced track driver but either he was great at heel toe or the stick car does rev matching on downshifts too. I find it hard to heel toe these cars. The again, I was never good at it in he first place. Has anyone commented on whether or not the manual cars will do rev matching?
Flat Top says the manual has rev matching and launch control..........

Reactions: ChallengerJim

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Gotta love Granite!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey guys...great video, tks...
I am really between the GRANITE, TORRED and the REDLINE...

Any pictures or videos of the TORRED and REDLINE?
Thanks
LCL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.