Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's the difference from the regular webelectric kit?
1) These are LED'S. With the WE kit, you're just placing you're stock bulbs into a new wiring harness.
2) Micro-Processors on each LED on this kit are controlling the sequencing, as opposed to WE's "Smart Technology", which isn't always:disgust:
3) No routing wires thru rear...under trunk pad, etc. with this kit.
4) No ground wire splicing (on the 2011 & up) with this kit.
5) The cost...this kit is twice the price of the WE kit.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I have installed the led's in my sequentials. I got the original WEB sequential system a few years back and then got the led replacement bulbs w/resistor from Diode Dynamics. They are a vendor on the forum and have outstanding customer service. Give them a call.

Dick

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Operation Question

I have watched the youtube video on these but cannot tell if the brake lights work normally. It almost looks like the brake light quickly sequence whenever the pedal is pushed. I want these but only if they let the brake lights work normally. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
I have watched the youtube video on these but cannot tell if the brake lights work normally. It almost looks like the brake light quickly sequence whenever the pedal is pushed. I want these but only if they let the brake lights work normally. Thanks.
The brake light(s) work normal. Watch the 3rd brake light in the rear window and the tails at the same time.

Reactions: KaptainSpaulding

·
Premium Member
145 Posts

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Those sequential tail lights have been out for a several months.

A few threads had mentioned them and Ohio Speed was talking them up (and was a supporting vendor on this forum).

There was a thread in the vendor section where several people were asking technical questions with regards to the sequentials. Nothing too technical, just normal potential customer questions and they could never get a straight answer from Ohio Speed. Additionally, people kept requesting to post a video of the lights in action. Ohio Speed kept promising videos and it would get postponed week after week.

Ohio Speed finally ended up posting a video and come to find out it wasn't even a real video of the sequential they were selling. It was a video of the mopar or web electric sequential kit.

Obviously, people got the feeling that Ohio Speed wasn't telling the whole story for whatever reason, and people backed off. Forum memebrs viewed the seller (Ohio Speed) wasn't legit with the product.

I got the same impression. I was interested in them as well, but for $300, you would expect straight forward answers to legitimate questions.

After seeing this thread, I checked and noticed that Ohio Speed is no longer a supporting vendor to this site. I wonder why that is?

Maybe we are all wrong and the sequentials maybe a great product. Just do your home work before you buy. If you buy them, or know somebody that has, post up your findings.

I would still be interested with some positive feedback about this product.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

A few threads had mentioned them and Ohio Speed was talking them up (and was a supporting vendor on this forum).

There was a thread in the vendor section where several people were asking technical questions with regards to the sequentials. Nothing too technical, just normal potential customer questions and they could never get a straight answer from Ohio Speed. Additionally, people kept requesting to post a video of the lights in action. Ohio Speed kept promising videos and it would get postponed week after week.

Ohio Speed finally ended up posting a video and come to find out it wasn't even a real video of the sequential they were selling. It was a video of the mopar or web electric sequential kit.

Obviously, people got the feeling that Ohio Speed wasn't telling the whole story for whatever reason, and people backed off. Forum memebrs viewed the seller (Ohio Speed) wasn't legit with the product.

I got the same impression. I was interested in them as well, but for $300, you would expect straight forward answers to legitimate questions.

After seeing this thread, I checked and noticed that Ohio Speed is no longer a supporting vendor to this site. I wonder why that is?

Maybe we are all wrong and the sequentials maybe a great product. Just do your home work before you buy. If you buy them, or know somebody that has, post up your findings.

Well said!
One of the guys from a local MOPAR club e-mailed Ohio-Speed with a question about the LED's. He never even received a reply! And if you're thinking of trying them out & returning them for a refund if they don't function properly, you better read their return policy first....30% restocking fee!

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Well I guess I will be TOFTT...I ordered them the other day from Ohio Speed. I will let you know how things go once I receive and install them.
Had I known this sooner I probably would have waited.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I guess I will be TOFTT...I ordered them the other day from Ohio Speed. I will let you know how things go once I receive and install them.
LOL! Definitely let us know how it goes! Looking fwd to your future post...hopefully positive!

·
Registered
611 Posts
1) These are LED'S. With the WE kit, you're just placing you're stock bulbs into a new wiring harness.
2) Micro-Processors on each LED on this kit are controlling the sequencing, as opposed to WE's "Smart Technology", which isn't always:disgust:
3) No routing wires thru rear...under trunk pad, etc. with this kit.
4) No ground wire splicing (on the 2011 & up) with this kit.
5) The cost...this kit is twice the price of the WE kit.
If I don't need to splice wires, mount things in the trunk area to support these - seems IDEAL to me!

They DO sequence when you brake.
I hope not…that wouldn't fly with the Police around my area either I'm afraid..

Glad you posted this…I'll wait and see what they're about more first!

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Hi jennis2613,

Just checking to see if you have received the sequential lights and installed them yet? Looking to get some feedback on them.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
I just got them yesterday. I installed them, having to make a call to Mustang Project for tech support, and only have the outer 2 lights (the one's that blink from the factory) flashing. They do flash in sequence but have not gotten the 2 that are in the trunk lights to flash yet. I have to call Mustang Project back on Monday for more help.
The directions that come with the kit are totally worthless. I had to use Web Electric's online instructions to figure out how to get the light fixture off of the trunk.
At first I couldn't even get the trunk fixture to light up at all. This is when I called and they told me I had to run a jumper from light #4, on each side, to light #1. Mind you light #1 is on the trunk fixture and #4 is on the quarter panel. No wires, or connectors, where supplied for this so I had to make my own. I finally did get the trunk fixture to light up but they still don't flash.
The led's are definitely brighter is about all that I can say good at this point.
I will let you know how things go after I talk to them on Monday.

Just an FYI: Ohio Speed Shop just dropped shipped the kit from the manufacture MustangProject.com

1 - 20 of 59 Posts