Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When will we see some 392 vs 6.1L Challenger videos???

I'm DYING to see just how bad the 392 mops the floor with us!!! LOL

:browsmiley:

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Real simple to figure out...

If both cars run optimal runs..

Say 12.90 for the 6.1 and 12.30 for the 6.4 that would be.... Six car lengths on the assumption that 1/10th is a "car length"

:)

*edit* but because the Challenger is so long... It might actually only be 4.5 or 5 "Challenger Lengths" :D

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
at ChallengerFest 2 i ran against a stock 392 about 4 times and he was running 12.8 with a best of 12.6 that day ... i ran 13.2s with a best of 13.03 that day. they are easily about a half second faster. i imagine a tuned 392 will be flirting with 11s and that is badass. i am looking through the vids to see if those specific races were posted

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Yeah, that sounds reasonable Rob. You're running a Predator tune, CAI and catback, and you've got meatier than stock tires, and his worst was still 2/10ths to 3/10ths faster than your best. And no mods for him, his car was showroom floor stock. Probably not even fully broke in.

I'd say the stock 392s are an easy 1/2 second faster than the stock 6.1s. How did Motor Trend not manage to break 13 seconds in the quarter with their test?

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Yeah, that sounds reasonable Rob. You're running a Predator tune, CAI and catback, and you've got meatier than stock tires, and his worst was still 2/10ths to 3/10ths faster than your best. And no mods for him, his car was showroom floor stock. Probably not even fully broke in.

I'd say the stock 392s are an easy 1/2 second faster than the stock 6.1s. How did Motor Trend not manage to break 13 seconds in the quarter with their test?

i actually had the F1 on stock 20s at CF2 but i know what you mean....but who the F is Rob?

LOL Ryan :browsmiley:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Big difference in the 60' times. Looks like he hooked and you didn't.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ooooops, sorry about that. Looks like you hooked and he didn't. I should read a little closer next time. My bad.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Its not a video but its my bone stock 392 auto VS a bone stock 6.1L auto. Im on the right of course.
Based on your slip here. At the time you crossed the line you were traveling at 112.98 mph which is 165.62 fps (feet per second). The loser is 107.43 mph which equals 157.77 fps. For every second that passes, the 6.4 is gaining 7.85 fps(all else staying equal).

At the time the winner crossed the line, the winner is traveling at 5.55 mph faster which equals 8.13 fps for every second that passes. As time passes, the fps increases due to an increase of mph because the 6.4 is a stronger engine.

Seeing that you finished almost a full second (actually .83 seconds) ahead of the loser, the race between a 6.1 and 6.4 is closer than one thinks and can come down to the driver. If there's a missed shift or some other operator error on the part of the 6.4 driver, the 6.1 has a chance.

The longer the race goes passed the 1/4 mile, the following distance due to the better fps margin, increases.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Based on your slip here. At the time you crossed the line you were traveling at 112.98 mph which is 165.62 fps (feet per second). The loser is 107.43 mph which equals 157.77 fps. For every second that passes, the 6.4 is gaining 7.85 fps(all else staying equal).

At the time the winner crossed the line, the winner is traveling at 5.55 mph faster which equals 8.13 fps for every second that passes. As time passes, the fps increases due to an increase of mph because the 6.4 is a stronger engine.

Seeing that you finished almost a full second (actually .83 seconds) ahead of the loser, the race between a 6.1 and 6.4 is closer than one thinks and can come down to the driver. If there's a missed shift or some other operator error on the part of the 6.4 driver, the 6.1 has a chance.

The longer the race goes passed the 1/4 mile, the following distance due to the better fps margin, increases.
That's a bit of wishful thinking my friend. The 6.4 trapped over 5mph ahead and almost a second quicker, that's a huge gap that will not be filled too easily. And any race can come down to the driver, I've beat a new Z06 in my R/T because it had a crappy driver, but I wouldn't say a Z06 vs. an R/T is a drivers race. So, with an auto 6.1 vs an auto 6.4..the 6.1 driver better hope the person in the 6.4 just moved up from a Prius and can't handle the power. Lol

·
Registered
812 Posts
That's a bit of wishful thinking my friend. The 6.4 trapped over 5mph ahead and almost a second quicker, that's a huge gap that will not be filled too easily. And any race can come down to the driver, I've beat a new Z06 in my R/T because it had a crappy driver, but I wouldn't say a Z06 vs. an R/T is a drivers race. So, with an auto 6.1 vs an auto 6.4..the 6.1 driver better hope the person in the 6.4 just moved up from a Prius and can't handle the power. Lol
As I stated, it's .83 seconds. Thank you my friend.:sleep:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts