Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put up a couple videos that may be of interest.
The V1 comparison part 2 show some good side by side comparisons of the two detectors. The link is of where I compare the two but you can view the full video of Part1 and Part 2 if you like.

I then put up this video where I picked up a police radar to compare the two in more detail. I was surprised at how difficult it is to determine who is speeding when multiple cars are coming at the radar.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a Valentine 1 that was bought in 2015.
Now they have the New ones and feel how much better can the new one be?
I don't see wasting $500 when the Older one works well.($100 tradin,,,,naaaaa}.............JT

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,792 Posts
The speed read-out should display the speed of the largest vehicle unless it is at an extreme angle. Although I have heard rumors of some new tech in the highway patrol radars that can track multiple vehicles and display their speed instead of just the largest one...

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
The speed read-out should display the speed of the largest vehicle unless it is at an extreme angle. Although I have heard rumors of some new tech in the highway patrol radars that can track multiple vehicles and display their speed instead of just the largest one...
Makes sense! That's why the old theory of staying behind a truck or van would minimize your chance of getting stopped for speeding.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,792 Posts
Makes sense! That's why the old theory of staying behind a truck or van would minimize your chance of getting stopped for speeding.
You can see it in action when approaching one of those “Your Speed Is” trailers they position around town to slow people down sometimes. If you are in a pack of vehicles approaching it, the speed it displays will be the box truck or dually truck on either side of you, even if you are going faster than they are.

Now if you’re in a pack of similar sized cars, it’ll read whoever’s closest IIRC, so you don’t want to be at the front of the line there for sure.

Reactions: F8HemiRT

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah on my Gen1 vs Gen2 video I think the reason why the REAR arrow lit was because of the building at the end of the road was reflecting more RF back to my rear antenna then what was coming in from the front.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a Valentine 1 that was bought in 2015.
Now they have the New ones and feel how much better can the new one be?
I don't see wasting $500 when the Older one works well.($100 tradin,,,,naaaaa}.............JT
I think if it says ESP on it and has the Junk Fighter, just put a custom scan on it and I think it will be fine for most situations. If it Doesn't have the junk fighter and you want to leave K band on then you probably want to upgrade.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got the Junk Fighter,bought the detector in 2014.
Too me it makes NO sense in buying a New detector at $499...............JT

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
429 Posts
$449 + for those while Waze is free.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts