Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
According to my owners manual, I should be able to watch movies on the navigation system while sitting still. Messing around the other day I popped a DVD into the player and got only sound, no video. The car is in park, not running as the instructions dictate, but no matter what I tried, no video. It's not really that important to me, more of a novelty, but living in Washington state, there are times on the ferry rides that would pass more quickly with the occasional video. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
117 Posts
According to my owners manual, I should be able to watch movies on the navigation system while sitting still. Messing around the other day I popped a DVD into the player and got only sound, no video. The car is in park, not running as the instructions dictate, but no matter what I tried, no video. It's not really that important to me, more of a novelty, but living in Washington state, there are times on the ferry rides that would pass more quickly with the occasional video. Any suggestions?
Try engaging the parking brake,worked for me in my SRT/w/manuel.Have a good day.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me in another car, I think it was the format of the video that couldn't be read by the car. I could be wrong though.

Try playing another DVD.

·
Registered
627 Posts
You don't specify what radio or year of car you have. There have been a few TSB's for the RBZ, RHB and RHR. One was a software update to fix a similar issue you are having. You may want to have the dealer run your vin for any outstanding TSB's.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sorry..it's the 430N/RHB. 2013 R/T

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Or get a Lockpick and you can let it play for your passengers in gear while moving.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Or get a Lockpick and you can let it play for your passengers in gear while moving.
I bought a Lockpick for the parking cameras, so this was a bonus, now my grandson gets to watch his DVD's when we go for long rides. His car seat is in the middle of the back seat, so it's perfect for him.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought a Lockpick for the parking cameras, so this was a bonus, now my grandson gets to watch his DVD's when we go for long rides. His car seat is in the middle of the back seat, so it's perfect for him.
Which Lockpick did you go with?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts