Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for black side stripes for my TorRed 2019 Scat Pack. Found some on Ebay offered in Flat or Gloss Black. Seems all Challengers I have seen have Flat Black and was wondering if anyone has any opinions on each type and maybe some pics of both styles installed.... Gloss Blacks seems to me would be easy to clean-up after wax/polishing the car... I'm looking at the Dual Strobe Side Stripes that start breaking up at the end of the back side window and end at the end of the rear fender.

Thanks for any info!
Todd

·
Registered
10,148 Posts
I prefer matt. Easy to maintain, no issues with detail spraying them.

13698.jpg
41577.jpg
44945.jpg

I do tape off the stripes for clay bar and "waxing". Doesn't take that much time, compared to removing wax from the stripes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, Satin is what I decided to go with. SPC is due into the dealership any day now!
Todd

Reactions: USponycar

·
Registered
2019 AWD SXT +
613 Posts
Post pics when you have them on. I like matte over glossy and just did that on my hood as it matched the hood scoops better but satin seems like it would be a good middle ground for where you want to put yours. But then you would need to stay consistent I would think if you were to add any more in other places.

Attachments

Reactions: Iamstubb

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,441 Posts
Looking for black side stripes for my TorRed 2019 Scat Pack. Found some on Ebay offered in Flat or Gloss Black. Seems all Challengers I have seen have Flat Black and was wondering if anyone has any opinions on each type and maybe some pics of both styles installed.... Gloss Blacks seems to me would be easy to clean-up after wax/polishing the car... I'm looking at the Dual Strobe Side Stripes that start breaking up at the end of the back side window and end at the end of the rear fender.

Thanks for any info!
Todd
The darker the car, the more likely I would use matte over glossy. On a white car - glossy, on a black - matte. In between, your choice.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Satin? I’ve never seen anyone selling satin, just matte and glossy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Flat Black, Matt Black, Satin Black...not sure exactly how they are different, if at all? Never knew there was so many types of black! Not to mention Gloss Black and Semi-Gloss Black! The shop that's doing my side stripes when the TorRed Scat Pack arrives is going to show me samples of each so I can make my final decision....
Todd

·
Registered
981 Posts
923AC58D-D8B9-4BF0-A3BC-03115E4A5561.jpeg

I felt the same but received these today! From left to right, realistic carbon fiber, textured carbon fiber, satin silver, satin white, matte black and gloss black. Satin I guess is just a slightly less shiny gloss.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,606 Posts
Satin is a slightly more glossy matte ;)

A Guy

Reactions: Sublime19

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
379 Posts
I was also thinking of adding some stripes to my Challenger since it doesn't have any, just to kind of add some dimension to it. Not sure what I would get though, don't want it to be too outlandish. Do most people get their stripes installed at a dealership? Or paint and body shop? or...?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RobsRTplus, Not sure where your located but try searching for vinyl graphic shops, shops that do wraps, or sometimes window tint shops also do vinyl stripes....
Todd

·
Registered
2017 yellow jacket RT
119 Posts
Flat Black, Matt Black, Satin Black...not sure exactly how they are different, if at all? Never knew there was so many types of black! Not to mention Gloss Black and Semi-Gloss Black! The shop that's doing my side stripes when the TorRed Scat Pack arrives is going to show me samples of each so I can make my final decision....
Todd
I just ordered a sheet of satin black to try to wrap my own hood. From what I've gathered matte black has NO shine to it, satin black isn't really shiny but more of a sheen to it. Regardless I'm sure your car is gonna look great with it, can't wait to see those pics!

·
Registered
2019 AWD SXT +
613 Posts
I was also thinking of adding some stripes to my Challenger since it doesn't have any, just to kind of add some dimension to it. Not sure what I would get though, don't want it to be too outlandish. Do most people get their stripes installed at a dealership? Or paint and body shop? or...?

I did my own stripes. Depending how elaborate you go it's not too difficult. Especially if you use the wet method. I watched many videos and that helped a lot. Mine were just the hood stripes and the spoiler stripe so nothing too big or I probably would have had a shop do it.

These sites have some good stripe kits.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts