Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has run into this issue...........hash marks are 6 months old, no idea on how this happened, went through a touchless wash............you would think this should hold up to the sprayer there, guess not.

Just wondering do you think this should be wrecked with a high spray from a touch less wash?

These were not cheapy graphics............not complaining , this stuff happens, just hard to believe a car wash spray is doing this.

Just wondering what you guys would do? This is 6 months old.

Rich.

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just wondering if anyone else has anything like this happening with their stripes/hash marks?

Rich

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,561 Posts
Have not had it happen to the challenger but my liberty had pin-stripes that were damage by a touchless car wash. I decided to take the rest of them off and was surprised how easy it came off with the high pressure spray gun.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have never had it happen during warmer temperatures, but I have had it happen when I washed my truck on cold days.

When the temperatures are warm/hot, the vinyl is elastic/flexible and will hold up to the water pressure much better than when it is cold out and the vinyl becomes more rigid/brittle.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never had it happen during warmer temperatures, but I have had it happen when I washed my truck on cold days.

When the temperatures are warm/hot, the vinyl is elastic/flexible and will hold up to the water pressure much better than when it is cold out and the vinyl becomes more rigid/brittle.
Thanks guys, never thought about it being colder would affect the vinyl, I had stripes on my 2010, DD also, never had that happen, usually I always wash at a self serve in the winter, was lazy this time and took it to touchless place..........no more there.

I'm wondering since it was on the side of my fender if that had anything to do with it........

Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts