Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a '14 Rallye Redline that i installed stripes to back in january. I havent had any real problems yet, but i noticed on my bottom pinstripe near the wheel well the edge is slightly peeling. I know it's not noticable as of now, but is there anything I can do to keep it from getting worse? The stripe is a beltline stripe styled like a 70s R/T stripe, and the are affected is the bottom stipe that is on my sig.

here is an enlarged version as well of the area

Im not home right now to show what is exactly coming up, when I do I will post on here.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
If you had them installed, it is an installer issue to fix.
If you installed them yourself then it is either the pinstripe was defective or the surface was not perfectly clean when installed.

I suspect you will have to at least replace the pinstripe section.

If it is all on you, you could try cleaning the surface of the fender with alcohol, warming the surface and stripe with a hair dryer and see if it will re adhere. I doubt it though.

Maybe others will have better suggestions.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you had them installed, it is an installer issue to fix.
If you installed them yourself then it is either the pinstripe was defective or the surface was not perfectly clean when installed.

I suspect you will have to at least replace the pinstripe section.

If it is all on you, you could try cleaning the surface of the fender with alcohol, warming the surface and stripe with a hair dryer and see if it will re adhere. I doubt it though.

Maybe others will have better suggestions.
I did have it professionally installed, so that could be the issue. The stripe is also peeling on the passenger side in the same spot as well as the same size, so I am wondering if it could be defective. I will try what you suggested and see, and will look around for a place to replace that section.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
I did have it professionally installed, so that could be the issue. The stripe is also peeling on the passenger side in the same spot as well as the same size, so I am wondering if it could be defective. I will try what you suggested and see, and will look around for a place to replace that section.
You can't take it back to the original installer? Seems they should warranty their work more than 2 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts