Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello all,

I'm thinking about having the vinyl rally stripes put on my Challenger Scat Pack, covering front to back.

My only issue is I'm not sure about the maintenance. I've had vinyl stripes on the trunk and sides, but not across the top of the car. The installer has done other's and the work is professional.

Any thoughts or opinions? Just not sure I want to cover it or not.

Thanks.

·
Banned
98 Posts
Car washes are out. With matte stripes you will need special car wash soap. Waxing is more work. But none of this is a problem for me.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,507 Posts
FWIW - if my vinyl stripes fade or tear I am definitely going to have them painted on and the whole car clear coated so they are permanent. I hate when the wax builds-up on the edge.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car washes are out. With matte stripes you will need special car wash soap. Waxing is more work. But none of this is a problem for me.
Thanks, I try to not run it through the car wash, but you are right. Something to think about. Thanks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FWIW - if my vinyl stripes fade or tear I am definitely going to have them painted on and the whole car clear coated so they are permanent. I hate when the wax builds-up on the edge.
Yeah, I should get them painted on. Just more money. LOL

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,263 Posts
Just make sure you get 3M vinyl and yes that ceramic coating is unreal money well spent

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,263 Posts
I had my car ceramic coated back in 2018 and have never waxed it and I can pour a glass of water on it and it just beads right off and the bugs don’t stick to it

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had my car ceramic coated back in 2018 and have never waxed it and I can pour a glass of water on it and it just beads right off and the bugs don’t stick to it
Now that's what I'm talking about!

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
206 Posts
I say do it. At the point that they fade or get damaged you can tear them off, but they should at least last for several years. If you don't like them you can tear them off. If you get them painted and dont like it your stuck. I would say after you have them for a while and you decide you for sure like them you can get it painted later.

I did mine myself. It's tough work and I waisted a lot of vinyl getting it right and its still only like 98% perfect... have a professional do it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I say do it. At the point that they fade or get damaged you can tear them off, but they should at least last for several years. If you don't like them you can tear them off. If you get them painted and dont like it your stuck. I would say after you have them for a while and you decide you for sure like them you can get it painted later.

I did mine myself. It's tough work and I waisted a lot of vinyl getting it right and its still only like 98% perfect... have a professional do it.
Yeah, I tried to do it myself on my last scat, but failed bad. I will get it done professionally this time.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger RT Pitch Black Clear-coat
84 Posts
I would love grey or red stripes over my hood, roof, and trunk. Just not sure if I want to do it or not.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have red stripes front to back on my 2011, they need replaced from scratching over the times, but still holding strong after 9yrs. No fading yet

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
276 Posts
I looked at a used challenger last year that was only 3 years old, it had the factory flat black vinyl rally stripes and they were pretty faded, I'm guessing the car spent it's life outside. Personally I've seen so many flat black stripes that they're too common for me, I'm saving up to have some nice metallic/gloss rally stripes painted on. Costs more, looks better, unique.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I looked at a used challenger last year that was only 3 years old, it had the factory flat black vinyl rally stripes and they were pretty faded, I'm guessing the car spent it's life outside. Personally I've seen so many flat black stripes that they're too common for me, I'm saving up to have some nice metallic/gloss rally stripes painted on. Costs more, looks better, unique.
Yeah, I decided to hold off unless I get them with a ceramic coating. Got quote last week and wasn't cheap, but looks good. I have decided 100% yet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts